Dan Duquette: Os to Be Active in Trade Market

weams

I don't know.

I'm pretty critical and I don't get much blowback from anyone I respect.

Occasionly I do feel like I'm being ganged up on, but I'm pretty confident I'm in the right so I don't mind a good bit of the rough and tumble and I have changed folks minds over the years.

I agree with this. I do get some criticism, but it is usually justified (and often helpful.) And a number of great posters on this board really have helped my perspective change on these issues over the years. Individual decisions I have been as critical of DD as anyone (see Parra deal, see cutting Miggy this spring, etc.), but in other areas he has brought much value to the team. Brad Brach is just one example. Finding Chen was another. Signing Cruz. Trading for Trumbo. etc. All which were keys to getting us to be at or near the top rather than the bottom. Just for the record, I am not of a mind to trade Trumbo unless we are way out of it later in the season, and I am certainly not of a mind to trade Schoop.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And true. Any time anyone dare say anything bad about Duquette you're bombarded with "OMG BUT WE HAVEN'T HAD A LOSING RECORD" as if it's a black and white, cut and dry situation.

Great, we've had four years above .500. How many World Series have we won? Zero. Failure. There's more to competence as a GM than team record. Our scouting is terrible. Our player development is horrid. He has zero regard for the future of the franchise past the end of his tenure. For every good trade he's made, there's several poor ones. He's more concerned with making people think he's smarter than anyone than just doing what's best for the team. If status quo remains, he'll have ruined the future of this team almost as much as Syd Thrift did.

If we win a World Series I don't care if we ever win another game again and will give him a pass for giving me that moment, but as long as we're still chasing one he's considered a negligent failure.

Anybody is free to criticize Duquette or anyone else. But don't expect everyone to jump on your hyperbolic bandwagon.

Evidence and moderation tends to get the most respect.

I don't know.

I'm pretty critical and I don't get much blowback from anyone I respect.

Occasionly I do feel like I'm being ganged up on, but I'm pretty confident I'm in the right so I don't mind a good bit of the rough and tumble and I have changed folks minds over the years.

Your arguments are rational and evidence-based.

The changes we all want have started.

We also are without the Eighth Inning Reliever.

We are without the "Key" to a stellar defense with J J Hardy out.

We do not yet know what Gallardo will give us between now and the end of the season.

We are without the back up catcher due to injury and have a replacement that is learning on the fly.

Janish is not J J Hardy on the offensive side of the ball and does not have the track record of keeping the defense on the team as sharp as possible. He is an able bodied replacement BUT not at third base.

Without O'Day, the backend of the bullpen is now stretched to the limit and by moving guys out of there comfort level, late innings are not as gurenteed as they were with O'Day in the eighth.

Gallardo has been good in the past, he very well may be a number four and at worst a serviceable number 5.

I do trust Buck Showalter to make suggestion to Dan Duquette to flush out the roster with those players that are not performing and replacing those with serviceable pieces from the minors or waiver wires.

I also agree that the lineup as it is now, is the reason we are in first place and any movement of those players that are contributing for pieces that may not gel/contribute would be a net loss for the Baltimore Orioles.

Great, we've had four years above .500. How many World Series have we won? Zero. Failure.

Everyone knows that playoffs are largely luck mixed with a hot hand. Because of this, a successful season is just getting to the playoffs. The baseball season is a marathon event that slowly filters out hot starts, bad managing, one offs, and lucky draws. The Orioles have had two playoff runs in the last four full years, each of which they earned through solid management, generals ops decisions, and playing good baseball that was fun to watch. Go ahead and call what they've accomplished a "failure"; the Orioles gave us something we waited 15 years for and I'm pretty pleased about it.

It's not just DD. It's going against the grain in general. You get ridiculed and bullied. "That is tiresome"

Time to take some time away. This board is no longer fun.

Pray for Orlando. End the hate.

It's one thing to have a ridiculous opinion. It's another to keep repeating it over and over and over.....

Everyone knows that playoffs are largely luck mixed with a hot hand. Because of this, a successful season is just getting to the playoffs. The baseball season is a marathon event that slowly filters out hot starts, bad managing, one offs, and lucky draws. The Orioles have had two playoff runs in the last four full years, each of which they earned through solid management, generals ops decisions, and playing good baseball that was fun to watch. Go ahead and call what they've accomplished a "failure"; the Orioles gave us something we waited 15 years for and I'm pretty pleased about it.

Getting to the playoffs and advancing a round or two is a huge success. The day after the parade, mostly those teams are identical to the ones the beat in the elimination matches the two weeks before. The parade is a very cool thing though. The party would be on for several days and Maryland productivity would suffer. The bars would prosper.

And yet nobody cares but Corn....

Board policy says you can't have a different opinion of DD or you get trolled.

Oh come on. Don't feel like that. You can have any opinion you want. I disagree

with you on DD. But I am sorry for ever offending you.

And yet nobody cares but Corn....

Board policy says you can't have a different opinion of DD or you get trolled.

No, your opinion of DD is not based in logic or facts. You say he screwed us, okay what should he have done/ should he do now.

People have asked how you plan to replace Schoop/ Trumbo production, and who would you target?

You have chosen to ignore these things.

So, once again, who should have DD gotten this offseason, who should he target now with Schoop/ Trumb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived