2016 31st Round Pick - Jake Ring - CF - University of Missouri

So him play again yesterday.....his defense is really good in center...gets great reads and jumps on the ball...nearly MLB ready in that category.....hitting .415 in 41 AB's (be it a small sample)....the kid played in the tough SEC conference so I am sure he saw real good pitching in college....Would like to see him move right to Delmarva and see what he could do

So him play again yesterday.....his defense is really good in center...gets great reads and jumps on the ball...nearly MLB ready in that category.....hitting .415 in 41 AB's (be it a small sample)....the kid played in the tough SEC conference so I am sure he saw real good pitching in college....Would like to see him move right to Delmarva and see what he could do

Thanks for the eyes on report.

Good to see him get off to a nice professional start but of course at 21-years old, he should be dominating GCL pitching. Looking at his college stats it appears he walks a decent amount, but also has some miss in his swing with little power. With Hayes, McKenna and Heinrich entrenched in Aberdeen's outfield and with Ferguson (just 18 and holding his own) and Billingsly on the roster as well, there's really no space for him at Aberdeen at this point. As a 31st rounder, he's considered minor league depth at this point, but he's certainly doing what he needs to be doing in order to catch a break. I imagine if Aberdeen needs an outfielder he'll get the call.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On June 17, 2016 at 3:45 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Pretty big bonus. The O's have been willing to spend money on guys like this the last few years. He's almost 22 so hopefully he can move fast through the system.

Not a bad start to the year.

• 1 month later...

There is only one way a 31st rounder gets on the organization's radar and that's by putting up numbers. He's already worked himself into a everyday role and is an All-Star. He's a got a long way to go and the K rate is a bit of a red flag, but he's doing all he can do at this point to keep moving up.

Archived