Official Orioles Draft Pick Thread

markpolis

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I'm in high school and taken in the 49th round why would i consider signing?

If you're going to be nothing more than a role player in a bigname program or you're going to a Division 3 program that has never produced anybody worth the pick.

Pretty good question....if you are drafted at all you can most likely play ball at a pretty high level and probably have offers to play at atleast a decent school. I agree I wouldnt sign.

Because I hate school and it's been my lifelong dream to become a major league baseball player and I can't wait to realize that dream and prove all the teams that passed on me how wrong they were about my abilities.

His stats don't jump out at you. I'm not sure what they see in this guy...

It's the 40th round so it's not like it's rocket science at this point. Probably just needed a left-handed bullpen guy somewhere in the minors for a few seasons.

Because you can at least say you were a minor league baseball player. Hell, i would have signed no matter what out of high school, but I missed a pre-draft workout with the Royals due to reading the card they gave me wrong. Obviously I was not drafted and here I am running the Hangout instead of the Orioles. :)

Because you can at least say you were a minor league baseball player. Hell, i would have signed no matter what out of high school, but I missed a pre-draft workout with the Royals due to reading the card they gave me wrong. Obviously I was not drafted and here I am running the Hangout instead of the Orioles. :)

It's time to stop watching The Rookie and go to that tryout, Tony! :)

Archived