Luis...........Ouch!!!!

Mike B

I have not been a Luis Hernandez Basher but even on a day where he gets 2 hits....he fails to turn a double play and gets picked off, again. Bynum and Cintron should meet the team in KC. This can not go on a day longer. I understand this year is a rebuilding project but repeated mental mistakes are a pattern and not a learning curve.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres gotta be someone we can get for cheap that's better than Hernandez and has a better chance of being a long term answer. That guy might only have a 3% chance of being any sort of long term answer, but thats a higher percentage than Hernandez.

Hernandez is just worthless as a baseball player. He's not much better than average defensively, he's just about the worst hitter in the sport, and he constantly is making stupid defensive miscues and baserunning mistakes. He doesn't have a single redeeming quality.

I was just coming over here to rant about how piss poor the baserunning has been this year. What a joke. Can you please make a mistake and learn from it?

I'm sick of these clowns screwing up simply from a lack of focus. My softball team doesn't make these mistakes.

I have not been a Luis Hernandez Basher but even on a day where he gets 2 hits....he fails to turn a double play and gets picked off, again. Bynum and Cintron should meet the team in KC. This can not go on a day longer. I understand this year is a rebuilding project but repeated mental mistakes are a pattern and not a learning curve.

Amen. I've also preached patience with this guy but what we saw today just shouldn't be happening at the major-league level. He's still learning to play the game and belongs in the minors until he does.

Let's see if DT continues to overlook the issues his pet has.

Hernandez isn't as good defensively as they thought(big surprise), he can't hit, isn't all that fast and, on top of that, doesn't seem to be an intelligent player and is a poor baserunner.

He has got to go. He is awful.

Let's see if DT continues to overlook the issues his pet has.

Hernandez isn't as good defensively as they thought(big surprise), he can't hit, isn't all that fast and, on top of that, doesn't seem to be an intelligent player and is a poor baserunner.

He has got to go. He is awful.

The old FO wouldn't have made a move like that. Will MacPhail be more decisive?

Guest Sailor Jerry

Hernandez is simply a disastrous player. He's not even a little good. He's awful. I can't believe there isn't anyone who is better than him that can also be had for the league minimum. He needs a one-way ticket to DFA-land.

I knew the second Luis got picked off that we would lose in the upcoming half inning. Enough is enough. Luis has had ample opportunity to show what he has, and the bottom line is that it's not nearly enough. Time for someone else to have a go.

I knew the second Luis got picked off that we would lose in the upcoming half inning. Enough is enough. Luis has had ample opportunity to show what he has, and the bottom line is that it's not nearly enough. Time for someone else to have a go.

That and the fact we brought in Cormier....It was a loss waiting to happen.

I'm so mad about this one I could scream...I haven't been this pissed about a loss since MDM. If we did one of the many little things right today that they ended up screwing up, we might of won this one.

I hate to be reactionary, particularly within 10 minutes after a tough loss, but @!#$ me running.

Hernandez is simply a disastrous player. He's not even a little good. He's awful. I can't believe there isn't anyone who is better than him that can also be had for the league minimum. He needs a one-way ticket to DFA-land.

It is time to give Bynum a shot. I question his D, but he can hit a little and run. Give him a shot.

Archived