St. Mary's @ Maryland

Munson

The game is ESPN3. The Terps are leading 21-3. I don't know why games like this are scheduled against D3 schools.

Basically a scrimmage game, I watch some of it while doing some of my prospect profiles. Not a lot to take away because the talent was so poor for St Mary's, but it seemed like neither Wiley or Nickens looked any better and they should have dominated. Nickens just looks like he doesn't have much confidence and doesn't do anything else very well so if he can't hit the 3 consistently, he's going to end up getting buried. Honestly, at this point, Nickens is who he is and that's a poor man's Faust. He's a career .360 shooter with .359 from the 3 pt arc. Watching him play against D-III guys made me realize that he's just not a D-I basketball player.

Kevin Huerter is clearly a much better player all around than Nickens so thankfully he's already getting the bulk of the minutes. But Maryland is going to need Nickens and Wiley to come off the bench and contribute.

..it seemed like neither Wiley or Nickens looked any better and they should have dominated.

Yeah, these two guys are duds. I did like the defensive effort from Nickens in the Georgetown game so hopefully he can at least be useful on that end.

Basically we're going as far as Trimble and the three freshman take us.

Archived