Rutgers @ Maryland

Munson

24 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Just turned on the game. Hopefully they can keep this up and become bowl eligible which is quite the accomplishment with such little talent.

I was reading that the Terps will likely make a bowl game even if they lose today.

That doesn't mean we don't have to win this game though. If we lose, I'd expect us to lose a couple recruits. Including 5 star Kaindoh, who is already trending towards Penn State. 

31 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not sure why you kick the long FG there. The kicker is not good enough for that call and especially how good the run game has been.

I'm still scratching my head on the FG attempt.

Rutgers had a little momentum, but the Terps get it back with the Pigrome TD and the defensive stop.

17 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I was reading that the Terps will likely make a bowl game even if they lose today.

That doesn't mean we don't have to win this game though. If we lose, I'd expect us to lose a couple recruits. Including 5 star Kaindoh, who is already trending towards Penn State. 

I don't think that's possible. You need to have six wins to be bowl eligible. At least that's what I always heard. Besides their kicker, they've looked good today.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I don't think that's possible. You need to have six wins to be bowl eligible. At least that's what I always heard. Besides their kicker, they've looked good today.

Nebraska and Minnesota made bowls at 5-7 last year.

I stand corrected..

1. Teams finishing 6-6 with one win against a team from the lower Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), regardless of whether that FCS school meets NCAA scholarship requirements. Until now, an FCS win counted only if that opponent met the scholarship requirements—specifically, that school had to award at least 90% of the FCS maximum of 63 scholarship equivalents over a two-year period. In the 2012 season, programs in four FCS conferences cannot meet the 90% requirement (56.7 equivalents)—the Ivy League, which prohibits all athletic scholarships; the Pioneer Football League and Georgetown, which do not currently award football scholarships; and the Northeast Conference, which limits football scholarships to 38 equivalents.
  2. 6-6 teams with two wins over FCS schools.
  3. Teams that finish 6-7 with loss number seven in their conference championship game (that has been eliminated by the conference championship waiver rule).
  4. 6-7 teams that normally play a 13-team schedule, such as Hawaii's home opponents. Although Hawaii normally plays a 13-game schedule, it only played 12 games in the 2012 season.
  5. FCS teams who are in the final year of the two-year FBS transition process, if they have at least a 6-6 record.
  6. Finally, 5-7 teams that have a top-5 Academic Progress Rate (APR) score. This was later adjusted to allow other 5-7 teams to be selected thereafter—in order of their APR. [11]

The 2015-16 bowl season featured a record 40 bowl games, and 3 teams with losing records (5-7 San Jose State, 5-7 Minnesota, 5-7 Nebraska). [12] Despite this, the Arizona Bowl was unable to fill teams for its Conference USA or alternate Sun Belt Conference tie-ins, leading to both teams being Mountain West Conference teams, and the first time since the 1979 Orange Bowl that a non-championship bowl game was played between members of the same conference.

On 11/26/2016 at 1:07 PM, ArtVanDelay said:

Ugh :(

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-football-recruiting/2016/11/28/13746704/joshua-kaindoh-decommits

Archived