Issues with Brady?

notfast

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, helloharv said:

The fact that he as a upper management has a locker in the clubhouse is absurd. I can't imagine that happening in any other locker room in Pro Sports.

Angelos is just waiting for the next cash infusion from the MSA to have the office built.

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

Maybe the locker is for when Brady works out with the players. That was his main role at one time. Strength and conditioning. Seems like sour grapes from people. I personally was relieved to see Wallace go. And Matt can thank Boras for his departure (For the most part).

Well, that's exactly what it's there for. He does occasionally suit up to go work out on the field with players before games. The rest of the FO doesn't do that. It makes sense to me, honestly. I can't quite understand why some players would be that bothered... When you're in that stadium, you're at work. Sometimes you're going to be around brass. Get over it.

31 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Well, that's exactly what it's there for. He does occasionally suit up to go work out on the field with players before games. The rest of the FO doesn't do that. It makes sense to me, honestly. I can't quite understand why some players would be that bothered... When you're in that stadium, you're at work. Sometimes you're going to be around brass. Get over it.

exactly my point --- when you are at the Stadium , you are at Work and may run into Front Office , but when you are in the private CLUBHOUSE for players --- that is when it crosses the line. 

Do bosses eat lunch in the lunch room or Principals eat in the faculty lounge ?  usually not.

players need down time when they don't have to worry if a child or a Exec is in the locker room.

The whole story reminded me of a situation I had some years ago. I was working in a small office, and a good friend of the owner started spending a good amount of time in the workplace. He had been a musician himself prior to doing well with real estate, and I guess he found it interesting to hang around this small, independent record label. And he started getting more involved with the day-to-day operations, something which the boss condoned despite the friend having no official title or job, and not being in the chain of authority. The guy meant well but whenever he made suggestions it caused a lot of confusion among the staff. Was this an official edict? Could it be ignored? Did it need to be discussed in a meeting? Could we tell the boss that his close friend was being a distraction or would he flip out? Those unanswered questions can sow a lot of unrest and unease. 

(Luckily after some months the guy found a trophy wife who made him take her around the world, and the problem solved itself)

The O's need more employees like Brady.  He does everything he can to make the O's better.  He helps with so many things from strength and conditioning in the offseason to roving hitting instructor and gives advice for pitchers.  Maybe he can bring in a new "Oriole Way" like when Cal Sr. was here.  If anything, the O's need more guys like Brady and less me-first guys like Wieters. 

So Brady is close to Angelos and from that I infer that he was instrumental in signing CD to that colossal mistake of a contract

He is also  proud to say that the got the O'day deal done. Another bad contract that will turn horrible. I bet a wood nickel that O'day doesn't pitch another 100 innings for the O's and is largely ineffective.

So the Davis deal, and 36 million to a 34 yo setup man.

Not a resume for who I want to take over as the next GM

22 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

An article that should scare everyone to death ends up drumming up support for the former (completely unqualified, hellbent on running the ENTIRE organization) player that "bleeds orange and black". Never change. 

Define "completely unqualified."  In fact for either manager or GM, define qualified.  There is no objective list of credentials that appears to apply to either position.  As for what Brady is doing, he's apparently great at strength, conditioning and nutrition.  He's apparently good at spotting problems with players and pitchers, though he seems to lack awareness of how much some players need to be told the same thing repetitively--announcing they are "fixed."  He communicates well with players but not with coaches--partly because of the preceding problem..  He seems to stay out of negotiations except to encourage a few players to sign on the dotted line.  There was no evidence that his communication with Angelos have the negative impact that a previous person with that inside link had.  I see no reason to be scared until there is some sign that he overrides either Buck or Dan.

36 minutes ago, helloharv said:

exactly my point --- when you are at the Stadium , you are at Work and may run into Front Office , but when you are in the private CLUBHOUSE for players --- that is when it crosses the line. 

Do bosses eat lunch in the lunch room or Principals eat in the faculty lounge ?  usually not.

players need down time when they don't have to worry if a child or a Exec is in the locker room.

One of the things that makes a great boss is that he occasionally eats in the lunchroom.  He sees/hears what others are thinking and what the 'minor' irritants of the work day are.  I hope the players aren't looking over their shoulders, afraid to speak when Brady is in the room.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont understand Wallace taking shots, he wanted a reduce role and he was offered that here, and went closer to home, and Dom followed, because they are good friend.

That is what you read. Who knows what really happened? The Orioles do seem to go through many pitching coaches for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, helloharv said:

The coaches are in the clubhouse. They're the player's "bosses." The FO certainly comes and goes in the clubhouse as it pleases - Angelos does own the place, after all. The locker room is not a player's only club.

The players are at work. Their bosses will be around. Brady isn't even their "boss." He just reports to the owner, same as a great many members of the organization. And the AJ even notes in the story that it's very rare that he's in there. And DD, Buck and Jones - is never afraid to speak his mind - all agree that it's not a problem. Even other ex-Orioles like Arrieta, who had plenty of room to comment if he wanted to, didn't mind it.

I think some fans just want to see this as another reason to scream at Angelos, when really it's much ado about nothing.

55 minutes ago, grimed1 said:

That is what you read. Who knows what really happened? The Orioles do seem to go through many pitching coaches for whatever reason.

This much is true. And worth far more of a story than Brady Anderson's role. Why have the O's run through pitching coaches so much the last few years? Is it Buck? Is it from further up on high?

Archived