Orioles vs. AAA-Tides, March 31st

OFFNY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weams said:

You are a treat as well. You and that wonderful crew.  Feels like a family reunion when you guys are in town. 

Thanks, man. We look forward to catching up with you and D this summer. Laura says "hey."  Miss you folks. 

Seems like you guys had fun there! Glad the rain was nice enough to actually end and let them get the game in.

Atlanta wasn't too bad. The stadium is nice, the policies...Well...

Good news is, the Yankees LOST! Yes. it was an exhibition, but still...A Yankees loss is a great loss! Here is some video of the trip.

6 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Yeah, it seemed miraculous that the Friday game in Norfolk was even played. That narrow window of sunshine was just enough to get it in. Glad we made the trip. And seeing MDtransplant757 and his father was an added treat. Here are some other pics I took with my Nikon.

o

Similar to Muhammad Ali and George Foreman's "Rumble in the Jungle" in 1974.

15 minutes after the fight was completed on an 8th-Round Knockout, there was a torrential downpour of rain and 50 MPH winds, akin to a hurricane. If the fight had started any later and/or if it had gone the 15-round distance, there is no way that they would have been able to get the fight in (and/or complete it.)

o

13 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Yeah, it seemed miraculous that the Friday game in Norfolk was even played. That narrow window of sunshine was just enough to get it in. Glad we made the trip. And seeing MDtransplant757 and his father was an added treat. Here are some other pics I took with my Nikon.

DSCN5961

The rest are here https://flic.kr/s/aHskSdXiFB

Thanks Nash, was awesome to meet you and your wife too

20 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Seems like you guys had fun there! Glad the rain was nice enough to actually end and let them get the game in.

Atlanta wasn't too bad. The stadium is nice, the policies...Well...

Good news is, the Yankees LOST! Yes. it was an exhibition, but still...A Yankees loss is a great loss! Here is some video of the trip.

What do you mean by the policies?

13 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Buck Showalter on the Tides' Groundscrew: o "I never would have dreamed that they could have gotten it as playable as they did. It's in the best shape that Ive ever seen that field. 

https://twitter.com/masnSteve/status/847946957012205568

Soon after the game ended ........

C8R2pLBXYAUjUa0.jpg

o

It was HAILING when I got home. 

2 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

What do you mean by the policies?

If you are visiting and don't have a car, you either have to walk near the Interstate or catch an Uber, with 5,000 other people, on a sidewalk with no lights.

Electronic tickets only (there were a TON of issues with it)

Not a policy, but the concourse is narrow and a LOT more narrow than Turner Field was, so it was packed even though the stadium seating was only half sold (if that. There were entire open sections)

Want to move around late in the game because people left to catch their Uber early? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 2 outs in the 9th, still can't move. Even if you have kids.

They had banned food entirely, until fan outrage made them change it.

There is more, but it was also mainly lack of stuff (there is no real "wow" factor other than it being new) and horrible attitudes by multiple employees. Some were super nice, but others acted like they expected you to know everything about the park already or like a question was ruining their night.

Archived