May 28th versus the Devil

McNulty

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that is why Kevin Millar at cleanup does not work.

I'd agree with you against any other team but this year Millar is batting .364, with an OBP of .417 and an OPS of 1.205 against the Yanks

I don't think Trembley has much to work with as far as cleanup hitters go. I think he just went with his only good choice that was right-handed.

Go O's!

Ramon Hernandez destroys LHP so even though he's struggling, he would have been my choice or even Adam Jones who also is good vs. LHP...

Ramon Hernandez destroys LHP so even though he's struggling, he would have been my choice or even Adam Jones who also is good vs. LHP...

Trembley would immediately be fired if he made those moves, and rightly so.

I might put Hernandez in the cleanup spot, but I don't think I would put Jones there just yet.

Go O's!

Its great rooting for this team. They battle hard despite the odds. Last night was simply awesome. This season thus far has been about as good as a 26-25 season can be up to this point. Outmanned, outgunned night in and night out yet it always feels like the O's have a chance to pull one out. It's called Oriole Magic! :mwahaha:

You're kidding right? MacPhail wouldn't bat an eyelash if he switched up the lineup...

Yeah, I'm kidding. But those moves would never happen, nor should they. There's just no basis for batting either of those guys at cleanup over Millar.

This has all been beaten to death, but in the end the batting order doesn't mean much.

Archived