Ubaldo Jimenez Today, 2017

OFFNY

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

When Jimenez twirled the gem against the Reds, he was pitching on 6 days' rest.

Today, he was pitching on the customary 4 days' rest.

I wonder if he historically (or at least in his 2 most recent seasons) pitches better on extra rest ???

Just wondering aloud. I'll look it up.

o

Really tired of this guy, really don't think it's worth pushing forward with him as a starter. Would really be nice to have just one of those SPs we lost through trade or released about now... (Miguelito, ERod, Davies, Hader...) 

18 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

When Jimenez twirled the gem against the Reds, he was pitching on 6 days' rest.

Today, he was pitching on the customary 4 days' rest.

I wonder if he historically (or at least in his 2 most recent seasons) pitches better on extra rest ???

Just wondering aloud. I'll look it up.

o

o

Last year, Jimenez did pitch considerably better in the 12 starts in which he was on 5 or more days' rest than he did in the 13 starts in which he was on the customary 4 days' rest.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=jimenub01&year=2016&t=p

I'm not sure if that helps the Orioles in terms of trying to finagle getting him extra rest between some of his starts here and there, but it's at least mildly interesting to me.

o

33 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

Really tired of this guy, really don't think it's worth pushing forward with him as a starter. Would really be nice to have just one of those SPs we lost through trade or released about now... (Miguelito, ERod, Davies, Hader...) 

What about just Asher and Aquino. Plus Tillman is close to being back. I think Ubaldo is just insurance for Tillman, just to eat innings. 

We should skip him with the off day on Thursday. Especially if the game is rained out tomorrow. Let Aquino and Asher start against the sox and yanks. We don't have to DFA him. Just matchup a little better. 

I think Dan does some things very well. Assembling a good starting staff is not one of them. He should outsource this task. Much rather have a long list of characters than Ubaldo. What rubs salt on the wound is Buck brought this guy in with our season on the line and I still cannot forgive that.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What about just Asher and Aquino. Plus Tillman is close to being back. I think Ubaldo is just insurance for Tillman, just to eat innings. 

We should skip him with the off day on Thursday. Especially if the game is rained out tomorrow. Let Aquino and Asher start against the sox and yanks. We don't have to DFA him. Just matchup a little better. 

Just my humble, mostly uninformed opinion, but I think we'll be lucky to get one serviceable starter out of Aquino and Asher despite their good start. I kinda have a good feeling about Asher being the one. Even if they both turn into good pitchers for us out of nowhere a la Miguelito the chances that Tillman has an injury or is ineffective this season + one of Gausman/Bundy/Miley has a serious injury have to be pretty high. 

5 hours ago, Rene88 said:

I think Dan does some things very well. Assembling a good starting staff is not one of them. He should outsource this task. Much rather have a long list of characters than Ubaldo. What rubs salt on the wound is Buck brought this guy in with our season on the line and I still cannot forgive that.

Not to mention, he makes Buck look like a fool. Buck keeps sending him out there. It's ridiculous to think he is all of a sudden going to be a good pitcher on a consistent basis. It's time to get him out of here.

• 2 weeks later...

o

9 OUTS:) 3 Groundouts2 Strikeouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Flyout, 1 Picked Off of 1st Base

UBALDJIMENEZ GARCIA  )))))) (vs. RED SOX, 5/03) )) [ 

IP:))).l.)3 )))  

H:)o.)) 1))l (1 Single)

R:.)...) 0

BB:ll..)

SO:lllll 2

Pitches: l) 55 0(31 Strikes, l24 Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 6.58 0

2017 WHIP: l) 1.692 0 26.00 IP (44 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: . 0.260 ) 26 for 100

PITCHES BY INNING

16 ))l(11 lllStrikes, ))l51 )Balls)

25].ll(12 )lStrikes, l)13 lllBalls)

14 .lll(81 lllStrikes, l).61 )Balls)

o

Archived