A Reversal of Fortune Game for a Previous Opponent

OFFNY

o

The game last week in which the Orioles lost to the Twins after blowing a 5-0 lead was hard to stomach ........ almost as hard to stomach as the game in which they lost to the Yankees after blowing a 9-1 lead. 

Today, the Twins got  a taste of that medicine ...... they took an 8-2 lead into the 8th inning against the Astros, only to give up 14 runs in the final 2 innings to lose by a score of 16-8.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=370529109

o

On 5/29/2017 at 6:33 PM, OFFNY said:

o

The game last week in which the Orioles lost to the Twins after blowing a 5-0 lead was hard to stomach ........ almost as hard to stomach as the game in which they lost to the Yankees after blowing a 9-1 lead. 

Today, the Twins got  a taste of that medicine ...... they took an 8-2 lead into the 8th inning against the Astros, only to give up 14 runs in the final 2 innings to lose by a score of 16-8.

o

o

Another onslaught upon the Twins, again by the Astros.

This time, the boys from southeastern Texas scored 11 runs in the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings alone.

HOUSTON ASTROS llllllllll.llllll.llllllllllllll - 17

MINNESOTA T WINS ll)..l.ll.ll.ll...llll l6

o

• 1 month later...

o

o

o

Last night's sequel of blowing a 6-0 lead was even worse than the original.

The Twins have been on both ends of at least 4 of these types of games so far this season, now ........ 2 wins over the Orioles, and 2 losses to the Astros.

o

• 8 months later...

o

o

o

In light of Brian Dozier's recent statements in regard to the unwritten rules of the game, I would like to reference these occurrences from as recently as last season ...... one of which Dozier himself was a part of.

1) ) The Orioles blowing an 8-run lead against the Yankees (as I sat helplessly in the upper-deck stands, behind home plate.)

2) ) Dozier and his Twins blowing a 6-run lead in the final 2 innings of a game against the Astros. Heading into the 8th inning, the Twins appeared to be well on their way to an easy victory ........ but the Astros scored 11 runs in the top of the 8th inning, and added 3 more in the top of the 9th. So an 8-2  "laugher" for the Twins wound up being a 16-8 laugher against them. 

o

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 3:24 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Last night's sequel of blowing a 6-0 lead was even worse than the original.

The Twins have been on both ends of at least 4 of these types of games so far this season, now ........ 2 wins over the Orioles, and 2 losses to the Astros.

o

Now you are really stretching to make this Orioles related. 

4 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Now you are really stretching to make this Orioles related. 

o

Aside from the fact that that post was from last year (July of 2017), that was as Orioles-related as was my OP, of which I explained my reason (in said OP,) and of which LA2 agreed with in his post.

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

Aside from the fact that that post was from last year (July of 2017), that was as Orioles-related as my OP, of which I explained my reason is daid OP, and of which LA2 agreed with in his post.

o

My bad. I did not realize this was a resurrected thread. But most of the posts regarding additional games were a huge stretch, regardless if someone agreed with you. ;) 

13 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

My bad. I did not realize this was a resurrected thread. But most of the posts regarding additional games were a huge stretch, regardless if someone agreed with you.  ;) 

o

They are directly related to the OP in regard to a team (the Twins) that took a game away from the Orioles after falling behind by a large margin early in the game. Hence, "Reversal of Fortune." I don't think that it's a "huge stretch."

o

9 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

They are directly related to the OP in regard to a team (the Twins) that took a game away from the Orioles after falling behind by a large margin early in the game. Hence, "Reversal of Fortune." It isn't a "huge stretch."

o

Says you. ;) 

Archived