5. Justin Smoak,

6. Kyle Skipworth,

7. Tim Beckham,

8. Alonso,

9. Aaron Crow,

10. Ethan Martin or Gordon Beckham,

11. Christian Friedrich,

12. Gordon Beckham or Jemile Weeks.

The Twins would probably end up with Aaron Hicks at 14, Jason Castro would fall to Milwaukee at 16, and the Blue Jays could be staring at Brett Wallace and Brett Lawrie at 17. The Mets and Cubs didn't think Wallace could reach them, but in this scenario, it's feasible.

I hope this is not the case....

Me too, but I figured I'd post it since Keith was on the phone with scouting departments all day.

With the way the Orioles hate feeding anything to the media, there is a good chance they aren't being totally truthful with them although your point is certainly well taken.

It could be just as easy as Law was fishing for stuff and the Orioles provided him an answer with the assumption TBeck isn't there.

I must say that I do think it will be Matusz if TBeck is gone...I don't think we take Smoak unless the first 3 picks are TBeck, Alvarez and Matusz.

BTW, if the DRays take Alvarez, what are the Pirates going to do then? Beckham?

With the way the Orioles hate feeding anything to the media, there is a good chance they aren't being totally truthful with them although your point is certainly well taken.

It could be just as easy as Law was fishing for stuff and the Orioles provided him an answer with the assumption TBeck isn't there.

I must say that I do think it will be Matusz if TBeck is gone...I don't think we take Smoak unless the first 3 picks are TBeck, Alvarez and Matusz.

I agree with this. Again, I think BALs board is:

1. Alvarez

2. TBex

3. Matusz

4. Smoak

I agree with this. Again, I think BALs board is:

1. Alvarez

2. TBex

3. Matusz

4. Smoak

Very possible...The Sun did hint that TBex, Matusz and Smoak were the top 3 on their board though...That may be that they assume Alvarez is gone or they may actually like those 3 more.

AM has said defense will be considered, so they may have a guy like Smoak ahead of Alvarez.

BTW, if the DRays take Alvarez, what are the Pirates going to do then? Beckham?

That would be interesting. If the DRays take Alvarez it will be a big shock to everyone I think. I would think they would go with Matusv.

Archived