This is what happens when your owner dies.

weams

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Three Run Homer said:

The O's should become buyers if they can get Fulmer and Zimmerman without having to give up top prospects.  

I don't see the Orioles paying $75M for a more expensive version of Ubaldo (Zimmerman has a 5.81 ERA) just to get Fulmer. 

I can see the Dodgers making this trade in a heartbeat.  Tigers fans would revolt at such a move. 

The article confuses me a bit.  The moves the Tigers are rumored to be making are perfectly sensible if the goal is to lower payroll as rapidly as possible.

hope to seriously contend in a few years time

That might not be a goal, at least not a primary one.

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The article confuses me a bit.  The moves the Tigers are rumored to be making are perfectly sensible if the goal is to lower payroll as rapidly as possible.

That might not be a goal, at least not a primary one.

Fans would have a right to revolt if the team made moves solely to reduce payroll without any thought of bringing back talent--especially if they wound up trading their best young player.  

1 minute ago, Three Run Homer said:

Fans would have a right to revolt if the team made moves solely to reduce payroll without any thought of bringing back talent--especially if they wound up trading their best young player.  

Revolt?  Like pick up torches and pitchforks and assault the stadium?

They have a right to stop buying tickets or watching the team on TV.

Archived