What Trades Will the Orioles Make?

weams

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

His first start was nice and then he survived the struggling Red Sox. I wish he would use more curveball. Current mix of fastball/change up ain't getting it done 

The Angels outing was nice. They're easy to navigate through but no moreso than Tor. His change up just isn't moving like it did that night. I think some here like him more because they haven't seen him crushed all year. 

Just now, Cumberbundy said:

The Angels outing was nice. They're easy to navigate through but no moreso than Tor. His change up just isn't moving like it did that night. I think some here like him more because they haven't seen him crushed all year. 

Yes. A whole season of him would certainly require a better stocked liquor cabinet. As much as I have enjoyed the last week of O's baseball, I'm readying my Pepto for the off season. Three somewhat capable starters in one off season...that's going to be some lengthy threads on here.

15 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Who - from the O's organization - would you compare the guy Texas gave up to?

Statistically, he almost identical to Alejandro Juvier. Ti'quan Forbes has some prospect history and maybe a team would think they could fix him.  He has power potential but his swing is such a mess that he rarely gets to it in games.

The White Sox obviously must have asked us for more than Juvier (who is just an org guy).  I'd guess they'd try to get someone like McKenna (who is a better prospect than Forbes IMO), who happened to have a great series against the White Sox low A team a few weeks ago.

Would have been nice to get Miguel and I wish we would have. He would have definitely improved our chances of getting a WC spot.

DD decided it wasn't worth it now though, I guess we're too far out of the race? I feel like he's going to find a way to keep Tilly and Ubaldo here as starters for life. 

5 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

I don't know why anyone thinks Hellickson is useful.

Especially now that we've gone to a 6-day rotation and both Tillman and Jiminez are still in it. In the big failed inning last night, he was throwing batting practice and had no confidence in his own pitches. A right-handed Miley. Gives us more innings per game than our #5 and #6 starters I suppose. 

5 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

Frustrating. Lord give me strength.

This is a really cheap and good get for Texas. The perpetually underrated Gonzalez has been on a great roll of late, posting a 2.94 ERA in eight starts since the break. He's Mike Leake for one-third of the salary,

???

Extremely disappointed. I have no idea how we are supposed to get a WC with the kind of starting pitching seen the last two games. DD's strategy is puzzling to me this season. 

14 minutes ago, Tbone83 said:

Extremely disappointed. I have no idea how we are supposed to get a WC with the kind of starting pitching seen the last two games. DD's strategy is puzzling to me this season. 

We aren't (and won't). What frustrates me the most is this sort of tepid approach to the season. And I'm not just talking about Verlander. Why weren't they in the mix for Leake and Gonzalez? 

I just have this image (in my head) of Duquette sitting back in his chair with his feet up on the desk waiting for the other GMs to call him. That's just not how it works in this day and age. 

Archived