What Trades Will the Orioles Make?

weams

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets start by throwing out the Verlander and Samarjda talk. Verlander isn't coming here. For one, his girl hates Camden- if you remember everyone taking selfies with her in background. She watched entire game with a shield up. Secondly, Orioles aren't covering the 65+ million owned on rest of that back loaded 7 yr/180M deal (currently midway thru 5th year). Even if Tigers softened stance on financial cash help in the deal, I still think it would cost too much- AND he has a no trade clause, and would likely be a punk anyway. VERLANDER IS OUT!!!! Having said all that, he's pitching well, his arm would serve us well.

Its simple with Samardja, he would GET ROCKED IN AL EAST! ROCKED!!!! Don't want him.

That brings us to one of my favorite low radar Orioles of all time, the gritty, Miguel Gonzalez. Put aside the fact he is lights out in last 4 starts, this guy is a gamer. Always has been. His walks are down and has always relied on contact, but he has also been making guys miss at one of his highest rates all year. He loves a stellar defense behind him, that is why he is a perfect fit here with Baltimore, once again. This guy actually cares about winning games, you can see it in every AB and every pitch he throws. I would send him out 1000% over the likes of Tillman and Ubaldo. I can't stand to watch the slumpy, falling off mound lazy ass Tillman pitch another game. Guy has NO HEART. Miguel will bolster this rotation and give us gutsy starts- especially against the likes of New York Yankees, who he absolutely owns. GO GET HIM NOW!!!!

18 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Here's a list of reported players who have cleared waivers (so far). 

Derek Holland 

James Shields

Jordan Zimmermann

Felix Hernandez

Justin Verlander

RA Dickey

Miquel Gonzalez

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/08/players-that-have-cleared-revocable-waivers.html

Braves say they aren't dealing Dickey. Realistically Gonzalez is the best of that bunch figuring in cost. 

The question might be: who are we willing to give up.  For someone good, the other team is going to start with Hayes and Mullins and Mountcastle.  Do we offer Stewart or Rif? How about another lower level pitcher like Hanifee?  I don't think we are going to get anyone by offering Wilson and Dosch from Norfolk.

Just now, birdwatcher55 said:

I really hope we inquire about Verlander. Depending on how much money we take on, Hays is the only prospect I wouldn't put on the table.

Why would we put any top prospect on the table for a guy who is so overpaid for so many years?

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Why would we put any top prospect on the table for a guy who is so overpaid for so many years?

Because they won't trade him for a bag of balls.  Verlander might be our best hope only if we are willing to take all of his salary. Then Detroit might ask less.

Why doesn't someone start a poll: Which of these prospects would you be willing to trade for a difference maker like Verlander?

Archived