Will the Orioles have three new starters from outside the organization next season?

Diehard_O's_Fan

I don't know about you guys but I have serious doubts that the Orioles will actually bring in three new starters next season. The Orioles need to let Tillman go just like they did with Matt Wieters. Is there any chance at all of them bringing back Ubaldo or Miley? I sure hope not. Wade Miley has been a HUGE disappointment. I expected him to pitch better than he has. If I were the Orioles, I would seriously consider trading Gausman. You need to see if the Rockies will over pay for him. Kevin has been a huge disappointment as well. I can't wait to see Hunter Harvey. I am confident that he will be a better pitcher than Kevin. It is just a matter of health for him. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Orioles should not even consider bringing back Wade Miley. He has been absolutely terrible. I was wanting the Orioles to bring back Hellickson but now I am no longer sure. He has been absolutely awful as well. It really sucks how Bundy is the only good starting pitcher that we have. Kevin Gausman should be absolutely ashamed of himself. The Orioles were counting on him to succeed and he has been very disappointing. It is time to stop messing around. The Orioles cannot continue to rely on their bullpen to win games. You have to find some starters that can pitch atleast six or seven innings. It seems like most of our starters can only go five innings. That is absolutely pathetic.

I'm for trading Gausman. Two great starts followed by three lousy starts is not what the O's need. He just has not learned how to pitch.

Signing someone like one top starter is not going to solve the O's pitching problems, and I really doubt the team will spend money to buy two good starters(which still wouldn't solve their pitching problems. I think the team is stuck waiting on some of the pitchers in the minors(and hoping they develop into good pitchers). Just like they did waiting for the supposed cavalry.

Would Arrietta re-sign with the O's, or would he not want to shave off his beard?

1 hour ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I don't know about you guys but I have serious doubts that the Orioles will actually bring in three new starters next season. The Orioles need to let Tillman go just like they did with Matt Wieters. Is there any chance at all of them bringing back Ubaldo or Miley? I sure hope not. Wade Miley has been a HUGE disappointment. I expected him to pitch better than he has. If I were the Orioles, I would seriously consider trading Gausman. You need to see if the Rockies will over pay for him. Kevin has been a huge disappointment as well. I can't wait to see Hunter Harvey. I am confident that he will be a better pitcher than Kevin. It is just a matter of health for him. What are your thoughts?

I hope no more Tilman and Ubaldo. I don't know about Miley. He has been a disappointment. With this goofy organization there is no telling what the puppet master and his puppet DD will do. If there will be pitchers from outside the organization they will be washed up most likely. 

Would love to get Alex Cobb, he'll be pricey.. Jason Vargas would be a nice option who would probably cost too much too. Marco Estrada would be a big upgrade even.

In reality we'll probably look at someone like Matt Garza or Andrew Cashner.

10 minutes ago, panick said:

I'm for trading Gausman. Two great starts followed by three lousy starts is not what the O's need. He just has not learned how to pitch.

Signing someone like one top starter is not going to solve the O's pitching problems, and I really doubt the team will spend money to buy two good starters(which still wouldn't solve their pitching problems. I think the team is stuck waiting on some of the pitchers in the minors(and hoping they develop into good pitchers). Just like they did waiting for the supposed cavalry.

Would Arrietta re-sign with the O's, or would he not want to shave off his beard?

No way are we paying that kind of money and no way would he want to come back to pitch at OPACY. Our luck, he would probably go back to his old ways anyhow.

Orioles starting Rotation 2018:

1. Bundy

2. Gausman

3. Castro 

4. Retread scrap heap pitcher that we will waste 3/40 or 2/20 on that everyone complains about for 3 years, and uses as evidence (every day, every waking second) that Dan Duquette is the worst GM ever for signing this guy, completely ignoring 1-3 or how the owner won't let him sign an actual good pitcher.

5. Retread scrap heap pitcher that we will waste 3/40 or 2/20 on that everyone complains about for 3 years, and uses as evidence (every day, every waking second) that Dan Duquette is the worst GM ever for signing this guy, completely ignoring 1-3 or how the owner won't let him sign an actual good pitcher.

6. Tillman

Total pitching expenditure - around 35m. Or what an actual contender would spend on their TOR in 2018. 

The end.

19 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

The Orioles' Starting Rotation 2018:

1)  lDylan Bundy.

2)  lKevin Gausman.

3)  llMiguel Castro. 

4)  lRetread scrap-heap pitcher that we will waste 3/40 or 2/20 on that everyone complains about for 3 years, and uses as evidence (every day, every waking second) that Dan Duquette is the worst GM ever for signing this guy, completely ignoring 1-3, or how the owner won't let him sign an actual good pitcher.

5)  lRetread scrap-heap pitcher that we will waste 3/40 or 2/20 on that everyone complains about for 3 years, and uses as evidence (every day, every waking second) that Dan Duquette is the worst GM ever for signing this guy, completely ignoring 1-3, or how the owner won't let him sign an actual good pitcher.

6)  llChris Tillman.

Total pitching expenditure - around 35 Million ...... or what an actual contender would spend on their TOR starter in 2018. 

The End

o

Roy Firestone stated that an Orioles insider told him that Hunter Harvey could conceivably be pitching in the Orioles' starting rotation by June of 2018, if he gets enough innings in at AA-Bowie in April and May.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25212-updates-on-hunter-harvey/&page=18

o

6 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

Would love to get Alex Cobb, he'll be pricey.. Jason Vargas would be a nice option who would probably cost too much too.

I don't want Vargas he has been god awful the last 3 months.  July era 7.23 August era 7.18. and 32 in September.    He is 35 next year and someone will overpay because he left handed.

30 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

1. Bundy

2. Gausman

3. Castro 

4. Retread scrap heap pitcher that we will waste 3/40 or 2/20 on that everyone complains about for 3 years, and uses as evidence (every day, every waking second) that Dan Duquette is the worst GM ever for signing this guy, completely ignoring 1-3 or how the owner won't let him sign an actual good pitcher.

5. Retread scrap heap pitcher that we will waste 3/40 or 2/20 on that everyone complains about for 3 years, and uses as evidence (every day, every waking second) that Dan Duquette is the worst GM ever for signing this guy, completely ignoring 1-3 or how the owner won't let him sign an actual good pitcher.

6. Tillman

Total pitching expenditure - around 35m. Or what an actual contender would spend on their TOR in 2018. 

The end.

Its going to be an interesting offseason. Or maybe pulling out your hair when DD does something stupid. Maybe I should say if instead of when.

1 hour ago, MDK02 said:

Would love to get Alex Cobb, he'll be pricey.. Jason Vargas would be a nice option who would probably cost too much too. Marco Estrada would be a big upgrade even.

I think Cashner is a good pickup but he is pitching well and may get more money then he should get with weak free agent class.  Cashner looks good today against the Yanks.

5 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

1. Bundy

2. Gausman

3. Castro 

6. Tillman

The end.

I agree with Bundy/Gausman/Castro.  Tillman on a make good either major or minor league contract.  The O's will work with Tillman for him to rehab and get stronger this off season but its a question if he is in the rotation all next year.   

The O's will have Hess, Ramirez, Long and Means at AAA.   The O's need to add a couple of starters but it will depend on what Tillman does as to whether there are two opening in the rotation.  Harvey could  be in the majors late next year.

33 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I agree with Bundy/Gausman/Castro.  Tillman on a make good either major or minor league contract.  The O's will work with Tillman for him to rehab and get stronger this off season but its a question if he is in the rotation all next year.   

The O's will have Hess, Ramirez, Long and Means at AAA.   The O's need to add a couple of starters but it will depend on what Tillman does has to whether their are two opening in the rotation.  Harvey could  be in the majors late next year.

As far as I am concerned Tillman can be relied upon for absolutely nothing at this point.I don't care what he does in fake baseball games in the spring. Penciling him in for anything would be a huge mistake, but may be necessary due to how this team usually operates. He should be gravy and nothing more.

Archived