Red Sox invades Phillie and Phillie doesn't like it

zff4

"Someone find M. Night Shyamalan and get him down to Citizens Bank Park tonight. There's a horror story to be told.

I see people. I see annoying people. I see annoying people wearing blue hats with a red B on the front.

And they're . . . they're . . . everywhere!"

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/20080616_Bob_Ford__Red_Sox_Nation__Scourge_on_the_country.html

Phillie fans are known for being, er, engaging, and I would expect a few lively discussions in the stands tomorrow with the tourists.

My friend had the passenger side mirror ripped off his car in a well-lit, attended parking lot right by Citizen's Bank park. He had NJ license plates so he could easily have been a Phillies fan. I can only imagine what happens to cars with "Masshole" license plates.

What I found to be the problem, and I know that this is a bit of a :deadhorse: and everyone has an opinion, but it's that these RSN people (or pseudo-RSN as many believe the case to be) don't realize that they are being complete jerks. They have no frame of reference, many of them have never been to their own home game, and if they have there are no road fans there to speak of anyway. They simply don't know how obnoxious they are being and what that is like for the home fans to endure.

Example: I listened to a sawx fan talk about how he was legit offended that we played 15secs of Sweet Caroline, and should have played the whole thing because they had sold out our stadium and thus it is a defacto Boston game. He later referred to B-more fans as pieces of :cussing:

This guy had no idea that he was idiotic and just plain wrong, call RSN a problem of ignorance.

What I found to be the problem, and I know that this is a bit of a :deadhorse: and everyone has an opinion, but it's that these RSN people (or pseudo-RSN as many believe the case to be) don't realize that they are being complete jerks. They have no frame of reference, many of them have never been to their own home game, and if they have there are no road fans there to speak of anyway. They simply don't know how obnoxious they are being and what that is like for the home fans to endure.

Example: I listened to a sawx fan talk about how he was legit offended that we played 15secs of Sweet Caroline, and should have played the whole thing because they had sold out our stadium and thus it is a defacto Boston game. He later referred to B-more fans as pieces of :cussing:

This guy had no idea that he was idiotic and just plain wrong, call RSN a problem of ignorance.

I was at the game when Manny hit 500...and it was too funny because they said a tribute to the RSN...and then came on the Scoreboard with a big NOT!!!

They think they deserve it...which is my biggest problem with them. When you payroll is that high, you should be playing high caliber baseball.

Look at the M's and Mets right now...a GM and a manager got fired because their record did not reflect their payroll.

Archived