Yankees beat up Tillman and Pen for 8-3 win

Tony-OH

15 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2018/04/07/yankees-beat-up-tillman-and-pen-for-8-3-win/

The Orioles were short-handed in the pen, but what did you think of Buck's decision to keep Tillman on the mound over 100 pitches?
Are Yacobonis and Cortes major league pitchers?

Buck didn't do Tillman any favors yesterday by not pulling him after 5 and giving him a positive outing, he had Cortes stretch out in spring training as a SP and recalled a pitcher from Norfolk. I actually saw some positives for Tillman during the game in his velocity, he finally at least maintained it though the game and 100 plus pitches, something he didn't do last year. Still need to throw more strikes,  especially with his off speed pitches and quit falling off toward 1st base, but there is a ray of hope in this outing. Still not seeing a downward angle on his pitches like he used to throws.

15 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Right, a shoulder injury he suffered back in 2016 and pitched with last season.

He isn't injured.

He might not have an “injury” but that shoulder will never be the same. Hopefully Wright looks good today and makes this decision a slam dunk one for Buck. 

I like Yacabonis’ wind up/delivery. I think there is potential there, but right now he’s just an innings eater/optionable arm. 

I wish we woulda let Cortes keep his trickery. Now he’s just a crafty lefty. 

Tanner Scott is our best relief option. Hunter Harvey is our best SP option. I hope we get to a point where we it makes sense to fire those bullets. 

Archived