Think Sisco makes that 1-2-5?

interloper

Not saying he couldn't, I'm mostly wondering if he would have thought ahead of time to even consider it. And I'm not saying he wouldn't do that, either. Just curious what you all think.

Caleb is a pretty savvy catcher sometimes. I also enjoyed him getting in Brach's face (in a good way) after that play to pump him up a little bit. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also wonder if Sisco makes the good feed to Givens for that play at the plate. I'm gonna say "probably not". We should not be too quick to dismiss Caleb as the starting catcher. IMO we may lose both of those games if Sisco is behind the plate. But there's obviously no way to know. 

Just now, weams said:

He may have called a different series of pitches in the first inning. 

Right. These kinds of exercises are mostly useless, because time and space doesn't really work like this. 

That said, I remain skeptical of Sisco's overall defensive ability and game awareness until proven wrong, which I expect to be eventually. We just don't know enough about him in games yet.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I also wonder if Sisco makes the good feed to Givens for that play at the plate. I'm gonna say "probably not". We should not be too quick to dismiss Caleb as the starting catcher. IMO we may lose both of those games if Sisco is behind the plate. But there's obviously no way to know. 

There is pretty good chance Joseph makes that play again.

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Maybe Sisco blocks the pitch in the first place.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

If I didn't know better I would think you have some sort of agenda your are pursuing.  ;)

I think being skeptical of Sisco's defense is a pretty normal and reasonable thing to talk about on a baseball forum that is usually pretty skeptical about defense. I like the kid and he's going to be very good. I'm just not sure he's going to very good defensively this year. He might be! And that would be a lot of fun. 

Just now, interloper said:

I think being skeptical of Sisco's defense is a pretty normal and reasonable thing to talk about on a baseball forum that is usually pretty skeptical about defense. I like the kid and he's going to be very good. I'm just not sure he's going to very good defensively this year. He might be! And that would be a lot of fun. 

No one has suggested that he's going to be "very good defensively this year".  Unless of course Bordick said something of that nature and I missed it.

It is just amusing how you have made it a personal crusade to publicly doubt a good young prospect at every chance.

I've just been sitting back while folks have said:

Buck won't let him on the team.

Have to play defense or you won't play for Buck.

Dan might put him on the team but Buck won't play him.

Teams will be running all over him.

And here he is, on the team, playing and with a 40% CS rate.

37 minutes ago, interloper said:

Not saying he couldn't, I'm mostly wondering if he would have thought ahead of time to even consider it. And I'm not saying he wouldn't do that, either. Just curious what you all think.

Caleb is a pretty savvy catcher sometimes. I also enjoyed him getting in Brach's face (in a good way) after that play to pump him up a little bit. 

For one thing it's nice to have Sisco on the bench watching, maybe he makes that play down the road. Caleb seems like a good guy to study under

Archived