Corban Joseph at 2B

wildcard

Caleb's  brother, Corban, (29) is playing  second base for the Baysox.    He has a  757 career OPS  at AAA wi a 342 OBP.     He is a left-handed hitter who had a 870 OPS vs rightahnded  pitching at AAA in 2016 at Norfolk.  He is off to a hot start at Bowie with a 968 OPS this season.      He may be of more use to the O's  than Vielma  while Schoop is out.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think this thread exists if he didn't have that five hit game last night?

Apex reactionary posting.

Adam Pohl

Joseph Powers Baysox Offensive Eruption in 15-6 Win

Bowie Scores Nine Runs in Tenth Inning to Win in Harrisburg

Corban Joseph matched the number on the back of his jersey with five hits and five runs driven in sparking the Baysox in a 15-6 win Saturday night in Harrisburg. 

Bowie trailed 6-5 entering the ninth inning. Joseph tied the game with a single to left-center. Cedric Mullins, who was running with the pitch, scored all the way from first and Bowie had knotted the score with two down.

The Baysox then stranded a Senators runner at second in the bottom of the ninth inning before they went wild in the tenth.

The inning started with Aderlin Rodriguez placed at 2nd base to start the frame. When it was all said and done, 12 had batted with nine runs scoring in a momentous rally that left FNB Field in muted silence.

Before closing strong the Baysox saw three leads slip away. Joseph and Mullins each homered early for Bowie. The Baysox then rallied for three runs in the fourth inning to lead 5-3 but could not hang on.

Baysox starter Hunter Harvey lit up the radar gun with a strong fastball in his Eatsern League debut. By design, Harvey worked 2 innings in his 2018 debut. He allowed a run on two hits while striking out one in his Bowie debut.

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think this thread exists if he didn't have that five hit game last night?

Apex reactionary posting.  

He was hitting .320 before last night. B ut you are right.  I would not have started the thread before last night because Schoop was not on the DL before last night.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are you honestly telling me that Corban was on your radar before his big game last night?

Schoop was put on the DL before last night's Bowie game.

No,  I was not looking for 2B help before yesterday.

As far as top 2B replacements, I wouldn't mind taking a look at this Luis Sardinias fella.  Still young, had some good milb numbers over the past two seasons.  I've been thinking for a while that he could probably be Flaherty's replacement.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I haven't seen any reports on how he looked, just the boxscore.

Share a link please?

Unless his fastball was topping out at 86, or 102, there can't be anything too news worthy here...

DATE OPP W L ERA SV IP H ER BB SO
04/14/2018 @HBG 0 0 4.50 0 2.0 2 1 0 1

Archived