A.J. Cole DFA by Nats; the O’s should claim him

Frobby

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure a lot of O's fans  probably think that if the Yankees were willing to trade for him for cash considerations the O's should have been in on that and at least given up a C / D prospect...........as long as Mike Wright and Tillman are still on our roster.

Fair chance he ends up useful for them.  Since there are limits on MLB payroll, I've heard the Yanks leverage their $$$ with more analysts, coaches, minor league players, etc.  It's why they now have a boatload of baby pitchers throwing high 90's, and the steady supply of Rule V picks they're providing the rest of baseball is something that's probably only going to continue.  He could either become a poor man's version of bad Gausman, or a rich man's version of reliever Bud Norris.  Hopefully not something even better than that.  I would guess someone there has a fairly precise idea how they want to unlock latent talent.

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

I'm sure a lot of O's fans  probably think that if the Yankees were willing to trade for him for cash considerations the O's should have been in on that and at least given up a C / D prospect...........as long as Mike Wright and Tillman are still on our roster.

< raises his hand >

Archived