Rosenthal BMORE OPIONATED Interviw

Deadwood Fan

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

So actually listened to since now one else would.  

He would suprised if anything to happy Buck or DD during the season.  DD and Buck do not communicate well and has been happening for a couple of years. Lou Angelos guiding with Brady involved  Castro, Cobb and Tillman were Brady.  

Thinks they will wait until trade deadline to make moves.  Says the team will get better deal for Manny at deadline than they would do in May as there is more demand then.  Orioles are not a franchise that moves proactively or quickly so expects to go right down to deadline.

Plus they invested a lot of money in team so won't give up easily. If they trade Manny they should be even worse.   

Buck will get more say in personal.  Brady will get more say.  And bring in GM to organize things.  They won't be able to get a prominent GM.  Thinks there will be a third wheel GM to handle paper work kind of stuff.    

Doesn't think Cal would want to be GM.  

Meh.  I'd rather have six months of Manny than two months of Manny.

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Ownership gets attached to guys.  Thinks Adam Jones might fall into that category and might be brought back.  Embarrassing that Orioles selling  the international slots.  Says Peter Angelos never trusted a single international player. 

Someone help me out here.  There has to be a way to interpret that so it doesn't come out racist right?

I guess they aren't bringing Schoop back if ownership doesn't "trust" him?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Someone help me out here.  There has to be a way to interpret that so it doesn't come out racist right?

It does explain why they traded Bedard though:P

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He may mean trust as a "They Use PEDs from age 12 there." That's not racist. There is a pretty good level of research that the MLB committee did on that. Now,  I respect those who say to that "So?"

Also. That is someone's opinion. Not a factual this that we can call him on. 

3 minutes ago, weams said:

He may mean trust as a "They Use PEDs from age 12 there." That's not racist. There is a pretty good level of research that the MLB committee did on that. Now,  I respect those who say to that "So?"

Also. That is someone's opinion. Not a factual this that we can call him on. 

It sure is something and it isn't good.

Sorry, that just isn't right.  I just can't find that to be an acceptable opinion. 

41 minutes ago, atomic said:

He would suprised if anything to happy Buck or DD during the season.  DD and Buck do not communicate well and has been happening for a couple of years. Lou Angelos guiding with Brady involved  Castro, Cobb and Tillman were Brady.  

Thinks they will wait until trade deadline to make moves.  Says the team will get better deal for Manny at deadline than they would do in May as there is more demand then.  Orioles are not a franchise that moves proactively or quickly so expects to go right down to deadline.

Plus they invested a lot of money in team so won't give up easily. If they trade Manny they should be even worse.   

Buck will get more say in personal.  Brady will get more say.  And bring in GM to organize things.  They won't be able to get a prominent GM.  Thinks there will be a third wheel GM to handle paper work kind of stuff.    

Doesn't think Cal would want to be GM.  

If Brady was responsible for Tillman then get him the hell away from  any GM responsibility!

19 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

O'Day and a few others like Trumbo.Got Trumbo a partial no trade clause.Also this year he hired the Assistant hitting coachThe mighty Quinn. 

Oh yeah, I forgot we have an assistant hitting coach this year.

That's working out real well.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

.  .  .

Plus they invested a lot of money in team so won't give up easily. If they trade Manny they should be even worse.   

.  .  .   

If this reflects Lou Angelos's (or his brother's) view of the future of the club and how it should be run, the prospect of control over the Orioles passing to them is very depressing.

Peter Angelos's stubborn ignorance and stupidity about the current state of the Orioles, what overall strategy the team should be pursuing, and how to structure its decision-making  have been destructive, and galling, but not entirely surprising in light of his age, his desperation to get to the World Series, and his apparent inability to appreciate how other successful teams operate. I just can't comprehend how a reasonably intelligent, middle-aged person who has been around major league baseball (or two such persons) can think the Orioles should put off a thorough rebuild because that would be "giving up" or, looking at other teams, can think that having a front office in which the owner(s), Brady and Buck head up the decision-making and a third person has an administrative role (and who wants that job?) will be effective. Can the Angelos kids be that clueless about how to run a major league baseball team?

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

O'Day and a few others like Trumbo.Got Trumbo a partial no trade clause.Also this year he hired the Assistant hitting coachThe mighty Quinn. 

You’ll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Maybe he thinks they lie about their age.   Say they are 16 when they are actually 25.

2 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

If this reflects Lou Angelos's (or his brother's) view of the future of the club and how it should be run, the prospect of control over the Orioles passing to them is very depressing.

Peter Angelos's stubborn ignorance and stupidity about the current state of the Orioles, what overall strategy the team should be pursuing, and how to structure its decision-making  have been destructive, and galling, but not entirely surprising in light of his age, his desperation to get to the World Series, and his apparent inability to appreciate how other successful teams operate. I just can't comprehend how a reasonably intelligent, middle-aged person who has been around major league baseball (or two such persons) can think the Orioles should put off a thorough rebuild because that would be "giving up" or, looking at other teams, can think that having a front office in which the owner(s), Brady and Buck head up the decision-making and a third person has an administrative role (and who wants that job?) will be effective. Can the Angelos kids be that clueless about how to run a major league baseball team?

A lot of what he was saying sounded like opinion and conjecture.   What sounded like facts when DD and Buck not communicating well for years and DD being marginalized at it being Brady and Buck as decision makers this off season. He said he heard the things from asking questions. 

Archived