Brewers- It's On

section18

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Just have to agree to disagree agree. You don't need to trade them separately if you get the right return.

Hiura and Burnes or Peralta could headline two separate deals.

Trading those players for Schoop/Gausman should not make sense from the Brewers' perspective. Peralta is arguably (much) better than Gausman already. Not to mention younger and cheaper. 

Considering costs/years of control, the moderate bump Schoop might give the Brewers wouldn't justify giving up the other players, either. 

Plus, if Schoop keeps hitting, part of me thinks he'd bring a better return over the winter. 

FWIW, folks mention Burnes a lot hear, but I think we would have every right to ask for a similar but perhaps slightly higher rated prospect in Woodruff.  Also, little mention here of interest in Corey Ray.  The guy is striking out a ton, but also has a lot of xbh and BBs for good overall numbers at AA.  Big risk in those Ks, but that was also supposed to be an Aaron Judge problem too - you never know which guys can work with the Ks and which will succumb to the Ks in the mlb.

My main issue with the Brewers system is that four of the top 10 prospects are OFers - which is where our current minor league strength lies.  Sure, I wouldn't turn away a good one and I like Phillips and Ray just fine and not so much for Lutz - just would prefer to pick up the Brett Phillips like shortstop.  Unfortunately, Erceg isn't setting the world on fire either.

In the earlier today Mets rumored deal of Wheeler and Cabrera to the Brewers the following names were mentioned; Ortiz, Ercig, Phillips, Hiura, Ray and Lutz . Hiura is ranked their #1 prospect, Erceg 6, Ortiz 7, Ray 4 and Lutz 8. How many were offered is not known. How many of these players would be obtainable for Gausman and Schoop?

12 minutes ago, section18 said:

In the earlier today Mets rumored deal of Wheeler and Cabrera to the Brewers the following names were mentioned; Ortiz, Ercig, Phillips, Hiura, Ray and Lutz . Hiura is ranked their #1 prospect, Erceg 6, Phillips 10, Ortiz 7, Ray 4 and Lutz 8. How many were offered is not known. I cannot rate these guys. Would any of these players be obtainable for Gausman and Schoop?

Schoop and Gausman is a way better package

38 minutes ago, sevastras said:

The real question here is; if they trade Gausman, what happens to the game of thrones bobble head night?  I mean there are probably 10,000 of these things and they can’t hand them out if he isn’t on the team!

It goes in the trade. They have elves paint Brewers gear on them overnight and give them out at his first start in Milwaukee. 

But seriously, it’s a sunk cost. I guess they sell them for a reasonable price at the O’s store like those Mussina pennants they still had 17 years ago. 

22 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

FWIW, folks mention Burnes a lot hear, but I think we would have every right to ask for a similar but perhaps slightly higher rated prospect in Woodruff.  Also, little mention here of interest in Corey Ray.  The guy is striking out a ton, but also has a lot of xbh and BBs for good overall numbers at AA.  Big risk in those Ks, but that was also supposed to be an Aaron Judge problem too - you never know which guys can work with the Ks and which will succumb to the Ks in the mlb.

My main issue with the Brewers system is that four of the top 10 prospects are OFers - which is where our current minor league strength lies.  Sure, I wouldn't turn away a good one and I like Phillips and Ray just fine and not so much for Lutz - just would prefer to pick up the Brett Phillips like shortstop.  Unfortunately, Erceg isn't setting the world on fire either.

The reason you see the same names pop up is because A: people do very little research on their own of the prospects of another team, laziness or not able to evaluate prospects being the main reasons. If enough people keep saying that Supak will be an awesome get them people will parrot it. Supak would be a very nice 3rd piece to the package. 

For the OF situation, I would keep going with the best packages. If it ends up that the Os have a stacked outfield with guys also beating down the door, then you trade from your strength to fill the weeknesses. You don’t trade for positions right now because you end up with a lesser package and it doesn’t matter because you aren’t filling the mlb roster for contention today. If all things are equal in a trade then sure, lean towards the holes. 

Didn't we have a Brewers fan that said Moustakas was 80-90% of the player Machado was?  lol 

Looks like Moustakas' trade value is about 40% of MM's.  Pretty big difference offensively in WAR for the past three season's as well.

3 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

Didn't we have a Brewers fan that said Moustakas was 80-90% of the player Machado was?  lol 

Looks like Moustakas' trade value is about 40% of MM's.  Pretty big difference offensively in WAR for the past three season's as well.

10% of the value. Moustakas=Trumbo - $6m 

Archived