Our Guys Have Been Horrible For Other Teams.

ORIOLE33

25 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

Lead off errors are never helpful, neither are walks that follow them. Brach has been good with the Braves. Today wasn't the case but if he gets that first out you never know what follows. 

Yeah, I stopped watching after the hit that tied the game, so maybe this one belongs mostly on Swanson.  That being said, Brach didn't look at all sharp tonight.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, O's are Legends said:

Lead off errors are never helpful, neither are walks that follow them. Brach has been good with the Braves. Today wasn't the case but if he gets that first out you never know what follows. 

Brach is so much better in the 8th than the 9th. Not sure why managers haven't figured that one out yet. Or maybe it's just that all his blown saves really stick with me. 

On 8/14/2018 at 11:55 AM, Frobby said:

Manny’s in a little slump offensively right now, but BB-ref has him at 1.0 rWAR in 24 games.    That’s better than a 6 WAR pace.   

Brach’s been terrific, 6 scoreless innings.   

Gausman’s had one mediocre start and one excellent one.

So really, two of the five healthy players we traded have been horrible.   Britton and Schoop.   We’ll see how they do the rest of the way.

Yeah - I agree. Manny’s slumping a little bit but still has been really good for them.

Brach’s been great. Gausman is gonna be a stud for he Braves and he showed that in his last start. His first start was okay, but he gave his team a chance to win.

I think Britton turns it around. Schoop is the only one I could see putting up a poor performance for the remainder of the year.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, LocoChris said:

Gausman has had exactly two starts. To make any proclamation about him at all is absurd. 

It's kind of absurd to make proclamations about anyone this soon after they were traded. 

Buuuuuuut, that's what we do. 

Personally, I think KG is going to become a rock star in Atlanta. I suspect Atlanta got the better of the deal, as I've droned on about for weeks. 

That said, I'm starting to think that Jean Carlos Encarnacion could become a very good player as well. Maybe both sides wind up winning. 

2 minutes ago, Bradysburns said:

It's kind of absurd to make proclamations about anyone this soon after they were traded. 

Buuuuuuut, that's what we do. 

Personally, I think KG is going to become a rock star in Atlanta. I suspect Atlanta got the better of the deal, as I've droned on about for weeks. 

That said, I'm starting to think that Jean Carlos Encarnacion could become a very good player as well. Maybe both sides wind up winning. 

Of course they did. I too, suspect Gausman will light it up down there and be a future #1 or #2 starter when all is said and done. But they don't even need him to be that for that deal to be a steal. Only a hopeless apologist could spin this into a good deal for the O's. Sorry.

1 hour ago, LocoChris said:

Of course they did. I too, suspect Gausman will light it up down there and be a future #1 or #2 starter when all is said and done. But they don't even need him to be that for that deal to be a steal. Only a hopeless apologist could spin this into a good deal for the O's. Sorry.

Well, I hope KG does well for Atlanta and I would agree that on the surface, Atlanta got the better of the deal as Bradysburns said above.  But isn't that what we would expect when we trade players from the ML roster for prospects?  KG was not going to be a part of our future unless we committed $ to him and good bad or indifferent that is not what this franchise is doing now.

Does that mean we got screwed if KG becomes a rock star?  No not really.  It means Atlanta made a good timely move for them.  What matters is what those prospects do over their years of control and what the Orioles do with the money saved and the international allotment received.

We want to know now that we won the deal.  IF we had gotten a highly rated prospect from the deep Atlanta system we wold be crowing that we won and the above would still be true.  Determining how we did in the trade depends on how the assets we received perform over their years of control versus what KG does for his two years.

I don't know that will ever come out ahead...but time is on our side here even if the early returns are not.

But perhaps I am a hopeless apologist... ;) 

And I would edit to add that if your view of KG was as high while he was here...wouldn't you be in the same boat with us hopeless optimists?

Gausman is a 2 pitch pitcher in a new league. I suspect he will end up close to what he was here once teams get used to seeing him.

Gausman is a 2 pitch pitcher who will be found out soon enough by the NL. The Braves are banking, that he can pitch enough good games to help them in the playoff push, before they figure him out.

9 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

But wait, 2 pitch pitchers aren't HOF TORs. :):):)

Mock if you want to...but we will miss not having two WS rings without the best pitcher in Baseball.  I mean if we still had KG we would have like....37 wins already!!!!

Just now, foxfield said:

Mock if you want to...but we will miss not having two WS rings without the best pitcher in Baseball.  I mean if we still had KG we would have like....37 wins already!!!!

I love KG, but face it, he threw a few oustanding games, but the bulk of his games was MEH, and it had nothing to do with the 8 men around him.

25 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I love KG, but face it, he threw a few oustanding games, but the bulk of his games was MEH, and it had nothing to do with the 8 men around him.

Me too Rick....I was just piling on the mock train.  As I stated above, I'm ok on what the O's got for KG and even if it looks bleak its just too early to tell.  Ill pull for KG but Im not crying over his departure.

Gausman has been excellent. 19 IP between 3 starts, 2.84 ERA, 3.37 FIP, 1.053 WHIP.

Brad Brach has thrown 7 2/3 IP in 6 games and has a 0.00 ERA and a 1.043 WHIP.

Machado doesn't have the .963 OPS he had with the O's, but it hasn't been *horrible*: .275/.362/.412 - .774 OPS. 

FWIW, Machado's OPS with the Dodgers would only be second to Mark Trumbo on the current O's (he has a .778 OPS). 

Schoop and Britton have been poor, that's for sure.

41 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I'm not upset that Gausman was traded. I'm upset that the return was poor.

5 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Gausman has been excellent. 19 IP between 3 starts, 2.84 ERA, 3.37 FIP, 1.053 WHIP.

Brad Brach has thrown 7 2/3 IP in 6 games and has a 0.00 ERA and a 1.043 WHIP.

Machado doesn't have the .963 OPS he had with the O's, but it hasn't been *horrible*: .275/.362/.412 - .774 OPS. 

FWIW, Machado's OPS with the Dodgers would only be second to Mark Trumbo on the current O's (he has a .778 OPS). 

Schoop and Britton have been poor, that's for sure.

Manny's split are worse than that:

Archived