2019 Washington Nationals

OFFNY

o

Robles had a .940 OPS in Spring Training, in 65 Plate Appearances.

On his first-ever Opening Day in the Major Leagues, he showed flashes of wizardry on both sides of the ball ........ he hit a double off of Cy Young Award winner Jacob deGrom in the bottom of the 3rd inning, and he made a diving catch in centerfield in the top of the 9th.

In His First Opening Day, Victor Robles Shows Why the Nationals are Excited about Him

(By Samantha Pell)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/03/28/his-first-opening-day-victor-robles-shows-why-nats-are-excited-about-him/?utm_term=.07fbada15b26

o

o

After Bryce Harper hit a 3-run home run, his Phillies led the game by a score of 6-1 ........ but the final score of the game was 10-6, in favor of the Nationals.

The Nationals' Insane Comeback Against the Phillies

(By Will Kubzansky)

https://www.federalbaseball.com/2019/4/10/18304048/relive-the-washington-nationals-comeback-against-the-philadelphia-phillies

o

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Faster than Davis?

I know you were joking, but I thought I’d look into this anyway.   It took Davis 4,694 plate appearances to reach 1,500 strikeouts.   It took Straburg 5,169 plate appearances by opposing batters to reach 1,500 K’s.    So no, not as fast as Davis!

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I know you were joking, but I thought I’d look into this anyway.   It took Davis 4,694 plate appearances to reach 1,500 strikeouts.   It took Straburg 5,169 plate appearances by opposing batters to reach 1,500 K’s.    So no, not as fast as Davis!

Was Davis the first to reach 1500 K's as a batter?  Not kidding so you don't have to look it up ? ⚾.  If you do the research, we need to move it over to the CD thread also so as not to hijack @Rene88's "Natitude" thread!  ?

23 hours ago, bobmc said:

Was Davis the first to reach 1500 K's as a batter?  Not kidding so you don't have to look it up ? ⚾.  If you do the research, we need to move it over to the CD thread also so as not to hijack @Rene88's "Natitude" thread!  ?

I’ll noodle over in the Davis thread.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ll noodle over in the Davis thread.  

Meanwhile @Rene88, Davey Martinez was pulling up a chair on the deck of the Titanic after Nats' BP blew another lead last night.  And then an uprising occurred and Sean Doolittle nailed down another come from ahead W!  They found Davey a spot in a lifeboat!

On 5/4/2019 at 9:21 AM, bobmc said:

Was Davis the first to reach 1500 K's as a batter ??? I'm not kidding, so you don't have to look it up. )  ? ⚾

If you do the research, we need to move it over to the CD thread also so as not to hijack @Rene88's "Natitude" thread !!! ) ?

o

I (as I almost always do every year) started the annual Nationals thread.

o

• Thanks 1

o

(MAY 8th)

The Nationals were swept by the Brewers.

The last time that the Nationals were swept in a series OF ANY KIND was ........ July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of 2018 !!! ) O.o

One might presume that that is a sign of a dominant (or at least a well above average) team ........ but the Nationals were only 82-80 overall last year, and this year they just dropped below the .400 mark, at .389 (they have a 14-22 record.)

(Seemingly) strange, but true.

2018 NATIONALS SCHEDULE: ) https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/WSN/2018-schedule-scores.shtml

2019 NATIONALS SCHEDULE: http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/wsh

o