1/10th of the way through O's on pace for 61-101

wildcard

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Well, I think Phillips sucks, Castro sucks, Wright sucks, but I’m pretty high on Fry.

?

im mainly interested in who’s the most likely to come up and stay up as the shuttle moves into the summer.

Wright isn't very good and Castro hasn't figured out how to have even fringe command yet (and may never figure it out, although he is the youngest pitcher on the team, believe it or not). Phillips is just as good as Fry, but neither of them are bullpen centerpieces. Phillips will probably stay up, I think we'll see DJ Stewart within a month or two, Carroll should be up once healthy. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Wright isn't very good and Castro hasn't figured out how to have even fringe command yet (and may never figure it out, although he is the youngest pitcher on the team, believe it or not). Phillips is just as good as Fry, but neither of them are bullpen centerpieces. Phillips will probably stay up, I think we'll see DJ Stewart within a month or two, Carroll should be up once healthy. 

But Carroll was horrible in his innings last year. He pitched like a high-schooler.

was that an aberration?

15 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

What is a bullpen centerpiece?

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Like Givens?

Givens has the peripherals of an above average set-up guy, so yes, I think many teams would value him as such. 

Just now, NCRaven said:

Could Pop be one of those guys?

I don't think he's up before September, but yes if the velocity is back to where it was last year, it's possible. He needs to refine the command of the slider if he wants to miss enough bats to truly be a high leverage reliever, but he suppresses contact quality as well as anyone in the minors. 

45 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Mullins another 0-4 with 6 LOB today. I find his struggles, being of this magnitude, pretty odd. DJ isn't an answer to CF, but Rickard is fine there. Then again, does optioning Mullins do anything for his development? I'm not sure what the move right now with Mullins. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Mullins another 0-4 with 6 LOB today. I find his struggles, being of this magnitude, pretty odd. DJ isn't an answer to CF, but Rickard is fine there. Then again, does optioning Mullins do anything for his development? I'm not sure what the move right now with Mullins. 

It is a little baffling, but it's all contact quality, which can be a fickle thing in small samples. I think they give him 150-200 PA to steady the ship as long as he continues to play a steady CF.

Archived