The Silver Lining Report: Game 16/162 (O's lose 4-0)

interloper

A shutout is a perfect place to find some silver linings.

• John Means: Love this guy. 5 strong innings of 1-run ball and still only at 80+ pitches when he was pulled. He went toe-to-toe with fellow lefty David Price and did so admirably, especially when Benintendi decided to delay the game for approximately one full lunar cycle. Mixed in a get-me-over curve to go with the good fastball/change combo. Cobb may bump him from the rotation temporarily, but he'll be back before the season's over I reckon. 

• Evan Phillips: Struck out the side. Heck yeah. 

• Miguel Castro: It's Miguel's first appearance on the SLR since Game 2 and that's because it's been a rough go for the young man. But he finally got a scoreless outing for the first time since March 30. And that, folks, is a silver lining. 

• Richie Martin: A double!

• Trey Mancini: The other double! 

• Rio Ruiz: Pinch hit walk! 

That's about it. I wouldn't mind this morning's game getting rained out and giving the boys a day off before heading down to Florida.

25 minutes ago, interloper said:

A shutout is a perfect place to find some silver linings.

• John Means: Love this guy. 5 strong innings of 1-run ball and still only at 80+ pitches when he was pulled. He went toe-to-toe with fellow lefty David Price and did so admirably, especially when Benintendi decided to delay the game for approximately one full lunar cycle. Mixed in a get-me-over curve to go with the good fastball/change combo. Cobb may bump him from the rotation temporarily, but he'll be back before the season's over I reckon. 

• Evan Phillips: Struck out the side. Heck yeah. 

• Miguel Castro: It's Miguel's first appearance on the SLP since Game 2 and that's because it's been a rough go for the young man. But he finally got a scoreless outing for the first time since March 30. And that, folks, is a silver lining. 

• Richie Martin: A double!

• Trey Mancini: The other double! 

• Rio Ruiz: Pinch hit walk! 

That's about it. I wouldn't mind this morning's game getting rained out and giving the boys a day off before heading down to Florida.

I liked seeing Doug Brocail getting ejected for arguing strikes not being called on checked swings.  The ump was probably right but still like the fire!  Can't remember Roger McDowell ever being "amped" during his stay with the O's.  Thanks for bringing this - my morning "pick-me-up"!

36 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I liked seeing Doug Brocail getting ejected for arguing strikes not being called on checked swings.  The ump was probably right but still like the fire!  Can't remember Roger McDowell ever being "amped" during his stay with the O's.  Thanks for bringing this - my morning "pick-me-up"!

You're welcome! And yeah, great point about Brocail/McDowell.

Archived