Montanez, Reimold, Weiters

bluedog

Bowies murderer's row is 10 for 14 tonight with a walk, 7 runs, 6 rbis, two 2bs and a HR.

Montanez and Wieters were both 4 for 5 raising their averages to .322 and .350 respectively.

These guys are Aubrey Huff Hot!

(sorry mispelled Montanez in the title!)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just took a look at that boxscore myself and wondered when I could begin to see that on a near-nightly basis in Frederick with Snyder-Tripp-Rowell. Those guys in Bowie are just red-hot en fuego right now.

Seriously, if the Orioles keep Wieters in Bowie instead of promoting him, they could certainly have a shot at not only making the playoffs for the first time in years, but also make a serious run for the Eastern League title.

Noticed that Montanez played CF tonight. How many games has he played there this year?

Would be a plus if he could be a backup in CF with the O's

He's played CF a few times this year, but not too often. When he was transferred to Bowie from Norfolk last August he was the primary centerfielder for the final month of the season, displacing Fiorentino.

Bowies murderer's row is 10 for 14 tonight with a walk, 7 runs, 6 rbis, two 2bs and a HR.

Montanez and Weiters were both 4 for 5 raising their averages to .322 and .350 respectively.

These guys are Aubrey Huff Hot!

(sorry mispelled Montanez in the title!)

You mispelled Wieters too.

i before e.

You mispelled Wieters too.

i before e.

You misspelled misspelled.
Wieters is ridiculous. It's like he came down from a higher league than up from a lower one.
Not a higher league – a higher species.
He's the new Payton.
I’m curious whether the slight extra experience that Montanez has in CF gives him a leg up on Reimold in the competition for a backup OF spot next year. My desire to have both guys make the team is one of the reasons I’m so anxious to see Huff dealt (although I’m skeptical of Tony’s suggestion in another thread that he can be moved post-deadline).

I’m curious whether the slight extra experience that Montanez has in CF gives him a leg up on Reimold in the competition for a backup OF spot next year. My desire to have both guys make the team is one of the reasons I’m so anxious to see Huff dealt (although I’m skeptical of Tony’s suggestion in another thread that he can be moved post-deadline).

Trading Huff shouldn't have anything to do with it. Just trade Hernandez and cut Payton and Millar.

It's good to see another person who wants both Montanez and Reimold to make the big club.

I'd love to see the O's try Scott at 1B and give Huff and extended look at 3b. This lineup has questions defensively at the corners but it sure would be a fun experiment to try:

2b Roberts

cf Jones

rf Markakis

3b Huff

1b Scott

c Weiters

dh Montanez

lf Reimold

ss (who knows?)

Archived