Montanez, Reimold, Weiters

bluedog

Montanez's OPS is now a very healthy .954 (430 AB). After putting up an OPS of .697 in April, he's put up a very robust 1.034 over the subsequent 3 months (324 AB). He's hit lefties and righties.

Yeah, I know he's 26, but I think he deserves an opportunity to move up a level soon, whether that means AAA or the majors. He's never experienced this much sustained success at the AA level before this season. Those like Tony on this board haven't mentioned any glaring weaknesses in his game upon watching him play. What's there to lose by giving him another shot at least in AAA?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s anonymous. And you want to know where he’s coming from? :)

:scratchchinhmm: LOL.

Back to Luis Montanez, he may not be the next Willie Montanez, and I understand the cynics - due to his age and mediocre production in 2 tries at AAA. But, I also consider that there's enough talent there that he was the 3rd pick in the 2000 draft. And it's not unusual for a player to not develop his homerun power until age 26. Considering what BowieMike noted - that he's got 5 more homers than anyone in the league, and his OPS is .954 despite it being only .697 in April. It seems to me, a rebuilding team gives a guy with these credentials a chance - sooner rather than later - and at least see what he can do against lefties.

Montanez's OPS is now a very healthy .954 (430 AB). After putting up an OPS of .697 in April, he's put up a very robust 1.034 over the subsequent 3 months (324 AB). He's hit lefties and righties.

Yeah, I know he's 26, but I think he deserves an opportunity to move up a level soon, whether that means AAA or the majors. He's never experienced this much sustained success at the AA level before this season. Those like Tony on this board haven't mentioned any glaring weaknesses in his game upon watching him play. What's there to lose by giving him another shot at least in AAA?

Brilliant minds post alike - at the same time.

Once again, it’s Montanez in CF, Rodriguez in LF, and Nolan in RF.

The tea leaves are whispering: Lou ticketed for the show in ’09 (or sooner if Payton can be dealt) and Nolan to Norfolk. If it has to be only one, I agree – still hoping we find a way to clear a spot for both.

Heading into the final game of July, here’s how the OPS stacks up for the past 3 months (as they both stunk in April):

Lou – 1092 July, 943 June, 1066 May (this is almost Wieters territory)

Nolan – 987 July, 736 June, 1020 May (this would be looking pretty darn good if not for superman Lou hovering about)

Once again, it’s Montanez in CF, Rodriguez in LF, and Nolan in RF.

The tea leaves are whispering: Lou ticketed for the show in ’09 (or sooner if Payton can be dealt) and Nolan to Norfolk. If it has to be only one, I agree – still hoping we find a way to clear a spot for both.

Heading into the final game of July, here’s how the OPS stacks up for the past 3 months (as they both stunk in April):

Lou – 1092 July, 943 June, 1066 May (this is almost Wieters territory)

Nolan – 987 July, 736 June, 1020 May (this would be looking pretty darn good if not for superman Lou hovering about)

As much as I want to see Lou get called up to Bmore, I just don't think it's going to happen. I really believe the organization want's to win a title in Bowie. The reason I say this, is that they want to build a winning attitude with their younger players and they would of moved Lou, Nolan, David and Brad a lot sooner.

He does have 7 RBI's and now has 93 on the year. Hitting for the cycle by the 6th inning is pretty impressive.

Good lord! What a game for bowie and what a season for Montanez. I think it's getting pretty close to now or never time for him. Let's see what he can do at the ML level.

Archived