6 games in the next 5 days

SteveA

Beginning on MLB Opening Day and extending up through August 31st, a club can temporarily add a 26th player to its MLB Active List on any day where two games are scheduled (including a day where the first game is the completion of a suspended game), as long as the second game was not scheduled as the result of a game that was postponed or suspended the previous day. If the postponed or suspended game was from the previous day, a "26th player" can be temporarily added to a club's MLB Active List for the second game only. 

1. The "26th player" must be on the club's MLB Reserve List (40-man roster) or has to be added to the club's 40-man roster that day.

2. The "26th player" does not have to be a pitcher.

3. In the case of two games being scheduled on the same day where the 26-man Active List limit is in effect for both games, the "26th player" cannot be switched between games.

4. If a game in which a "26th player" was added becomes a suspended game and is completed at a later date, the "26th player" is not permitted to play as a "26th player" in the later completion of the suspended game. 

5. If a game in which a "26th player" was added becomes a suspended game and is completed at a later date, the "26th player" is not permitted to play as a "26th player" in the later completion of the suspended game.    

6. A minor league player can be added to a club's Active List as the "26th player" even if he has not spent ten days on Optional Assignment (or Outright Assignment) prior to being added.

7. A "26th player" can remain on the Active List and a different player can be dropped the next day, as long as the "26th player" was not called up from the minors prior to spending at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment. However, a player called up as the "26th player" prior to spending at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment could remain on the 25-man roster if the player replaces a player who is placed on the Injured List (or other MLB inactive list) the next day.

8. If a player is recalled as the "26th player" and is optioned or outrighted back to the minors the next day, the "10-day rule" clock (prohibiting a player from being recalled until he has spent at least ten days on Optional or Outright Assignment, unless he is replacing a player who is placed on the Injured List or other MLB inactive list) does not start over again. However many days toward ten that the player spent on Optional or Outright Assignment prior to being recalled as the "26th player" counts toward the ten days.

The "26th player" accrues one day of MLB Service Time.

https://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3506

Roch Said a pitcher would be dropped to make room for Cobb, Which makes much sense beyond the obvious, but there are several candidates for least valuable arm, so who goes?

My vote is for Phillips, and I won’t be sorry to see him go, but there are a couple of other guys I would rather get rid of.

37 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

4. If a game in which a "26th player" was added becomes a suspended game and is completed at a later date, the "26th player" is not permitted to play as a "26th player" in the later completion of the suspended game. 

5. If a game in which a "26th player" was added becomes a suspended game and is completed at a later date, the "26th player" is not permitted to play as a "26th player" in the later completion of the suspended game.    

I feel dumb for asking, but I read both of these several times; they say the exact same thing right?

19 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I feel dumb for asking, but I read both of these several times; they say the exact same thing right?

Yeah, they do.  Probably was done that way for one of the posters on here that has an issue with reading and comprehension of said read material.

44 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I hope that he gets in the game instead of an Eddie Gamboa deal.

26 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Moonlight Graham.

o

Herb Washington stole 31 bases in 105 games played in 1974 and 1975, and he never batted OR played the field.

Image result for Herb Washington picked off

o

Archived