Kevin Brady will go to Clemson

As for Brady, you really can't blame the kid for wanting to go to college.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but yeah, you can. While I don't know what money was offered to him, if I were in Brady's situation, I would have taken the money. You can always go back to college later, but the potential for injury and under-performance is just too great. Maybe that's just me; I'm pretty conservative financially.

I hope for his sake that he doesn't wind up regretting this decision.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe I'm saying this, but yeah, you can. While I don't know what money was offered to him, if I were in Brady's situation, I would have taken the money. You can always go back to college later, but the potential for injury and under-performance is just too great. Maybe that's just me; I'm pretty conservative financially.

I hope for his sake that he doesn't wind up regretting this decision.

Maybe he doesn't feel ready to be a professional baseball player? I can't blame him - I sure as heck wasn't at 18.

By the way, Orioles - I am ready now. Just give me a call and I'll go down to the Instructional League.

While I don't know what money was offered to him, if I were in Brady's situation, I would have taken the money. You can always go back to college later, but the potential for injury and under-performance is just too great.

Yeah, I would have taken the money too. I'd be real surprised if the O's weren't offering him a full ride to college in the event baseball didn't work out.

According to Jordan in the Sun, however, money wasn't a problem. They agreed on the money. Brady wanted to go to college.

Archived