Should Rendon be offered more than 7/210 by the rebuilding Baltimore Orioles

pstroms333

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think they have at least 2-3 more years, maybe longer.   Soto and Robles may not count as prospects any more, but they’re both very young and will only be getting better the next several years.   Carter Kieboom, their top prospect, is very highly ranked and is essentially major league ready.   Trea Turner is only 26 and under control 3 more years.      Really, it depends on whether the starting pitching holds up.    

Their big mistake was not shopping Harper at the deadline last year.    They could have added a couple nice pieces to their farm system if they’d traded him.   

I'm not a big Kieboom guy, he's a good prospect, but not a SS and a good bat, but not an impact one IMO. 

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think they have at least 2-3 more years, maybe longer.   Soto and Robles may not count as prospects any more, but they’re both very young and will only be getting better the next several years.   Carter Kieboom, their top prospect, is very highly ranked and is essentially major league ready.   Trea Turner is only 26 and under control 3 more years.      Really, it depends on whether the starting pitching holds up.    

Their big mistake was not shopping Harper at the deadline last year.    They could have added a couple nice pieces to their farm system if they’d traded him.   

Was Harper a good fit inside the club house?

I thought I had heard some teammates where glad he was gone.

34 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Add to this that Rendon seems to hint that he doesn't really like playing baseball.  I like Rendon, but I'd pass...especially with where the Orioles are right now.

https://www.federalbaseball.com/2019/10/24/20929679/what-does-future-hold-for-washington-nationals-anthony-rendon-not-a-free-agency-story

Also:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2133276-nats-anthony-rendon-doesnt-watch-baseball-because-its-too-long-and-boring

It would be interesting to see that question asked around the league, and see if there's any correlation between really liking baseball and quality and length of career.

How many of us really love our jobs, yet we are usually good at them and keep doing them to pay the bills? Yes, it's different when your first few years salary could, at least in theory, pay your bills forever.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

It would be interesting to see that question asked around the league, and see if there's any correlation between really liking baseball and quality and length of career.

How many of us really love our jobs, yet we are usually good at them and keep doing them to pay the bills? Yes, it's different when your first few years salary could, at least in theory, pay your bills forever.

Was wondering the same thing, too.  

I'd even want to compare it to the NFL.  I bet in the NFL you'd get more players that don't really like it but do it cause they're good at it and can potentially set their families up for life.  

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Was wondering the same thing, too.  

I'd even want to compare it to the NFL.  I bet in the NFL you'd get more players that don't really like it but do it cause they're good at it and can potentially set their families up for life.  

then the ones that love the game so much, even while set financially for life, they are still hanging around playing semipro or beer leagues, to stay playing.

or the 50 year old former NBAer, that think they can still "hang" with the 19-22 year olds. :)

Then again, how old are some of those globertrotter, that could flat still BALL. 

I think I heard that he's looking for a shorter term deal than the one the Nats offered, in part because he doesn't want to be earning a huge salary that his production doesn't justify near the end of his contract. When he can't produce anymore, he'll walk away from the game content. As Oriole fans, there's no way we can't respect the hell out of that. 

25 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

No way we are doing any deal like this until Davis is paid off. I think weams' target number for payroll was something like $45M.

I believe I was shown how I was wrong by 5 or 6 million. Certainly not by 10 or 15 million so certainly Villar is gone if not Bundy, Givens, and Mancini.