2019 #7 Prospect: Michael Baumann - RHP

Tony-OH

Just now, Frobby said:

Pretty sure Bundy was topping out at 98 as late as 2016 as a reliever for us.    But it’s been all downhill since, velocity-wise.    

I saw him at 98 in Frederick. But he has been nothing but arm trouble since then.  A tribute for pitching so well with that arm. 

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Pretty sure Bundy was topping out at 98 as late as 2016 as a reliever for us.    But it’s been all downhill since, velocity-wise.    

On July 6, 2016 Bundy averaged 96.8 MPH on his fastball in a 2.1 shutout IP stint in which he struck out 7, walked 2 and allowed 3 hits. They don't break it down past the game average, but the was his highest day in the major leagues, so it's certainly possible he hit 98 once.

His highest avg as a starter? His major league debut at 94.4. 

Since? 93.5 in 2017?

In 2019? 92.4 in August 14th.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

On July 6, 2016 Bundy averaged 96.8 MPH on his fastball in a 2.1 shutout IP stint in which he struck out 7, walked 2 and allowed 3 hits. They don't break it down past the game average, but the was his highest day in the major leagues, so it's certainly possible he hit 98 once.

His highest avg as a starter? His major league debut at 94.4. 

Since? 93.5 in 2017?

In 2019? 92.4 in August 14th.

Here’s that game from 2016.  He hit 98.5.   http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/pfx.php?s_type=3&sp_type=1&batterX=0&year=2016&month=7&day=6&pitchSel=605164.xml&game=gid_2016_07_06_balmlb_lanmlb_1%2f&prevGame=gid_2016_07_06_balmlb_lanmlb_1%2f

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Regardless of whether it was banned or just discouraged, I am curious if the new regime has said anything about a change.

I would doubt it as that would never be their philosophy, so I'm sure they wouldn't even think to mention it unless someone outright asked directly.  "Lean on your best pitch" is their mindset.