Beltran Gift Giving

weams

I will post this again since seems relevant. Svrugla from the Post.

But there is a disturbing account of the wink-wink level of how elements of the Astros’ system spread. Before the 2019 season, the New York Yankees hired Beltran as a special assistant to General Manager Brian Cashman. Last June, Boston gave up 29 runs in a two-game series sweep at the hands of the Yankees in London. Afterward, Cora addressed the sweep, and brought up Beltran — unsolicited.

“I was joking with somebody that their biggest free agent acquisition was Carlos Beltran,” Cora said just before providing an exaggerated wink. “I know how he works. He’s helping a lot … I’m not saying ‘devices,’ all that stuff. It’s just stuff that the game will dictate, and we’ll scream at people and it’s right there. Throughout the evening, I was looking and I saw it.”

In the moment, huh? But nearly seven months later, there’s new context to what Cora was talking about. And yet Cora is out of a job, and Beltran is about to start his.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mlb/mlb-wont-punish-cheating-astros-players-and-thats-not-right/2020/01/15/7a41139c-37c1-11ea-bb7b-265f4554af6d_story.html

• weams changed the title to Beltran Gift Giving
2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Disgusting, really?

Yes, really.

He’s a cheater, and now a notorious one. Letting him depart on his own terms, with a “severance” package is disgusting. Maybe you’d use a different adjective, but mine is fitting.