Blue Jays will not play in Toronto

SteveA

Canadian government prohibits it.   Didn't want team to come back from Covid hotspots such as Florida, or have visiting teams coming in that had been to those hot spots.

Buffalo looks like the most likely.   They've got 12 days to get it set up, their first home game is July 30 vs the Nationals, after they open with a 6 game road trip Tampa and Washington.

• Thanks 1

The Blue Jays received an exemption for summer camp, during which the players agreed to isolate in the hotel attached to Rogers Centre and create a quarantine environment. Players are not allowed to leave the stadium or hotel and violators face fines of up to $750,000 Canadian ($551,000 U.S.) and up to six months in jail.

I wish our government took things more seriously. No way gyms and indoor dining should be happening right now.  If we were like Canada most of this would be over.  They only had 330 cases in all of Canada yesterday.  We have 3 times that amount in Maryland alone. 

• Upvote 1

According to an item just posted to the Buffalo News' website, it seems the Blue Jays players' are cool to the idea of playing in Buffalo.  Their preference would be to play home games in major league stadiums.

They're considering playing in Pittsburgh (when the Pirates aren't there), Philadelphia (when the Phillies aren't there), even Baltimore (when the Orioles aren't there).

I suppose another option would be to play all their home games in the visiting teams' stadiums.  Just let the Blue Jays wear their home uniforms and bat last.  It's not like the home crowd is going to be an adverse factor.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WillyM said:

According to an item just posted to the Buffalo News' website, it seems the Blue Jays players' are cool to the idea of playing in Buffalo.  Their preference would be to play home games in major league stadiums.

They're considering playing in Pittsburgh (when the Pirates aren't there), Philadelphia (when the Phillies aren't there), even Baltimore (when the Orioles aren't there).

I suppose another option would be to play all their home games in the visiting teams' stadiums.  Just let the Blue Jays wear their home uniforms and bat last.  It's not like the home crowd is going to be an adverse factor.

I don’t think we want two teams in town all the time spreading the virus.  Let them do all road games.  

On 7/18/2020 at 9:10 PM, SteveA said:

And the Jay's have reached agreement to play their home games in Buffalo.

Major League Baseball returns to Buffalo for the first time since 1885.

o

Great thread, and great info, Steve ........ but Buffalo did have a Major League team for 2 seasons in the Federal League, in 1914 and 1915.

Buffalo_Blues_baseball_team_1915.jpg llllllllllllllllllll 

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1914 llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 1915

Click to go back llllllllllllllllllllllll Click to go back

o