Tigers bringing some key prospects..Will we see Os do the same soon?

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Thought my Super 2 commentary was pertinent in this thread, so I am copy/pasting it here:

Super 2 eligibility is based on the top 22 percent of service time for players between 2 and 3 years of service time, there is no way of knowing in advance how long a player has to be held back to avoid Super 2. Last year, the cutoff was 2 years and 115 days which is the lowest it has ever been. The previous lowest it had been was 2 years and 122 days. Because days are pro-rated this year, each day of this season counts for approximately 2.7 days of service time. There are 42 days left in the season, which would equate to 114.54 days of service time remaining in the season.

It does seem like an awful lot of top prospects have been called up in the last week, so if those players stay up it becomes less likely that Mountcastle will be among the top 22 percent, but there is no way to know entirely because players can be called up and sent down over the next could years. Teams don't know for sure until after the player's third season whether he will be Super 2 arbitration eligible.

Good Lord I hope they change this with the upcoming collective bargaining agreement. 

• Upvote 1

Mountcastle is a whole separate issue to me. Pretty unanimous how people feel. 

I think the arms are a little more understandable. For one, they need to keep guys stretched out the best they can at Bowie. It really comes down to how long of a leash for LeBlanc right now. Milone, Means, Cobb and Wojo have either the resume and/or production so far this year to keep them in the rotation. 

The pen has been pretty good. The last 1-2 guys Hess, Phillips types have struggled. So do you call up arms to pitch in long relief like Akin or keep them stretched out at Bowie? This isn’t a normal year obviously. I figured going into the season we would see these guys after the trade deadline or so. 

I guessed we may see some of the arms in September to get a look. If the team remains competitive that will impact things. 

20 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is not the 3rd grade so I'm not going to tell you what color you can discuss things in, but I will ignore anything in green.

When I was in the army I learned that everything was either written in black ink or not at all. Green ink is for four-year-old girls who want to impress the teacher.

Do you remember those giant pens that had 25 or 30 colors and you press a little button to get the particular color you wanted? I thought those were the stupidest things in the world when I was a little boy but I really wanted one because they look like a spaceship. 

Edited by Philip
  • Haha 1