O’s(good guys) vs Mets (Meh) 9-9

HowAboutThat

o

Last night, the Mets' announcers pointed out that the Orioles scored 4 or more runs for the 9th consecutive game for the first time since 2007.

I didn't look them all up, but I did look up the 2007 Orioles and the 2014 Orioles (the most successful Orioles team overall since 1997.)

Sure enough, not only did the 2007 team have those 9 consecutive game of 4 runs or more, but the 2014 team did not ........ not necessarily empirical proof that the other 11 Orioles teams between 2008 and 2019 did not accomplish the feat, but it is a sign that the Mets' announcers likely knew what they were talking about.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2007-schedule-scores.shtml

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2014-schedule-scores.shtml

Also of modest interest is the fact that the 2007 Orioles (69-93) scored 756 runs for the entire season, while the 2014 Orioles (96-66) scored only 705 ...... but the 2007 Orioles were only 9th out of 14 American League teams overall, while the 2014 Orioles were 6th out of 15.

o

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

Ive been excited about this game all day ...... more excited than I have any right to be (we’re 20-21, for Pete’s sake), and I have to work in 20 minutes. Grrrr.

o

For Pete's sake ........

Baltimore Sun's Business and Civic Hall of Fame honoree: Peter G. Angelos -  Baltimore Sun

o

• Haha 1