Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

16 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I know this thread is intended for recent ex-Orioles, but Don Larsen passed today. He lost 21 games on the inaugural Orioles team of 1954, and is better known for throwing the only perfect game in World Series history for the Yankees in 1956.

don-larsen-of-the-baltimore-orioles-pose

Legend has that he was hungover the day he pitched the Perfecto. In any case, RIP to an original Oriole and legend. The 1956 World Series perfect game and the image of Yogi hugging Larsen will always be an iconic baseball moment even if you hate the MFY.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Rich Hill to the Twins.   1 year contract for $3 million, but with $9.5 million in available incentives.   I didn't think such an incentive laden contract was legal under the CBA.

They also signed Homer Bailey for one year.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/twins-reportedly-agree-to-deals-with-rich-hill-homer-bailey.html

They also have a four year deal on the table for Donaldson.  Word is he is hoping the Braves up their offer from three to four.  I can see why someone who peaked later would want the extra year.  No way would I give a 34 year old a four year deal.

• 2 weeks later...

If neither Severino nor Sisco prove desirable as Rutschman's eventual backup and we only want a once-a-week guy, I have wondered if Elias might regard Wieters as someone he wants in the clubhouse as Rutschman breaks in.

But my favorite backup catcher in 2022 is Buster Posey, barring a miracle resurgence / Joey Bart implosion that induces the Giants to use his expensive 2022 option.  It's two years to go, and his body might be hopelessly broken down, but what that hit tool could do once a week and as a sometime DH on a good team is something I'd like to find out in Baltimore.

1 minute ago, OrioleDog said:

If neither Severino nor Sisco prove desirable as Rutschman's eventual backup and we only want a once-a-week guy, I have wondered if Elias might regard Wieters as someone he wants in the clubhouse as Rutschman breaks in.

But my favorite backup catcher in 2022 is Buster Posey, barring a miracle resurgence / Joey Bart implosion that induces the Giants to use his expensive 2022 option.  It's two years to go, and his body might be hopelessly broken down, but what that hit tool could do once a week and as a sometime DH on a good team is something I'd like to find out in Baltimore.

Unless Buster really has a thing for orange and black I don't see a fit.