Matusz makes Oriole debut today (AFL)

UMDTerrapins

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are there any posters in Arizona who will be checking him out? By the way, Wieters is batting .667 after 3 games.

Also, a weekly blog by Brandon Snyder to check out: http://aflorioles.mlblogs.com/

I think they'll limit his innings, and he may be a little rusty. Don't be surprised to see something as bad as 3 ip with 3 er. Either way, Matusz is legit and will be helping us at the MLB sooner rather than later.

Snyder seems like a good guy who loves the game, but does anyone else notice his grammar isn't exactly perfect. So long as he keeps hitting, he can talk bad grammur wen ever he thinks it good. :)

Edit: Now that I think about it, it is more spelling related than grammar related.

I think they'll limit his innings, and he may be a little rusty. Don't be surprised to see something as bad as 3 ip with 3 er. Either way, Matusz is legit and will be helping us at the MLB sooner rather than later.

Snyder seems like a good guy who loves the game, but does anyone else notice his grammar isn't exactly perfect. So long as he keeps hitting, he can talk bad grammur wen ever he thinks it good. :)

Edit: Now that I think about it, it is more spelling related than grammar related.

As long as he can spell .300 average, 25 home runs, and 90 runs batted in his first year I don't care about the rest. He's a baseball player, not a Nobel Peace prize finalist.

Any predictions on how he'll perform in his debut?

I'm thinking 6 Innings, 2 ER, 6 Ks, 2 BB. We'll find out when the game starts at 3:35pm.

He'll likely go 3 or 4 innings, but I'll say 4 IP, 2 ER, 4 K's and 1 BB.

I'm tempering my expectations for Brian, as he is coming off of a long layoff. He is the real deal and will do well I expect.

Roch:

Matusz isn't supposed to exceed 40 pitches today. Eventually, the Orioles would like to stretch him out to five innings if he's economical enough to get there.

Because no games are scheduled on Sundays, he won't pitch again until Friday.

So far, Matusz is loving the whole experience. He immediately bonded with Matt Wieters, who initially was told that he'd only be catching Matusz, but was behind the plate yesterday. It will be interesting to see if they're paired up today.

Well here is some extra information. He will probably be done in 3 innings.

I went back and looked at the previous starts so far and noticed the starters didn't pitch too many innings after I said 6. Now after what Roch said, that sounds like 3 innings if he pitches effectively and doesn't have a rusty start in the 1st inning he could throw a lot of pitches in.

Considering all the problems the Orioles have I think that we should give Snyder a pass if he can hit. I really do not care if he signs his name with a X if he can play.

Archived