Michael Baumann and Alexander Wells aren't on alternate camp roster

Tony-OH

Besides the Kjerstad news, the bigger omissions from the alternate camp roster in my mind are Michael Baumann and Alex Wells. Both did not pitch this spring after getting invites, Wells with an oblique and Baumann supposedly needing more time since being shutdown with an elbow injury last summer.

Looking at the roster, there are plenty of guys who could be starters in AAA so it could be that both are heading back to Florida and will start the year in Bowie. 

But, it could be that they are both hurt still and in Baumann's case, that's very disconcerting since he supposedly was pitching some this spring on the back fields so the wonder is whether he reinjured something? Elbows are never a good thing to get shutdown for.

Hopefully we'll get minor league spring training rosters soon. 

• Upvote 1

Not good news.   Last year Wells had an oblique but only lost one start, if I recall correctly.   This one may be more serious if he’s not at the alternate site.   By the way, is there a limit on the number of alt site players?

I was holding my breath on Baumann and probably exhaled too soon on reports he was throwing.   I am pretty sure if Baumann and Alex Wells were healthy they would be in Bowie.  Does not sound good. The loss of Baumann would effects this year's starter depth.

I few relievers that I thought might make the Bowie squad but did make the cut and are probably headed to AA are: Erwin, Klimek, H Cervenka and Custodio.