Rally and announcement 11/12?

SpringBarb

Minus the "O's" cap, the Orioles are only 1 of 3 teams in baseball without any type or lettering on their primary cap. Houston (the star) and Cleveland (Chief Wahoo). I think it's pretty cool the Orioles have an icon vs the obvious choice of the first letter of the city name.

bad examples: TB (Tampa Bay) and CR (Colorado Rockies), two of the most unoriginal caps in baseball.

BUT, I DO think it would be pretty sweet to have a "B" in block lettering...see the retro, and current Cleveland alternate.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, so with all the bashing of the ornithologically correct bird, I feel the need to defend it. It feels like people want change for the sake of change. I'm ALL for an alternate uni or retro fridays, but the ornithologically correct oriole is a TRULY UNIQUE cap in baseball! There is NOTHING like it! It's NOT trying to be new and trendy. God forbid they go toward anything like the new Toronto rendering of the Blue Jay. It's just a classic, detailed representation of an Oriole! Take a close look at your New Era cap. Check out the threads and the intricate stitching. It's quite beautiful and classic. I commend the Orioles for keeping the historical integrity of the bird, rather than buckling under the pressure to move toward the latest graphic logo trends.

I have no problem with the ornithologically "correct" bird, but at least we could put it in a new position or something. Flying? Facing forward?

I am still hopeful that the road hats will change. This promised change has me excited again!

Minus the "O's" cap, the Orioles are only 1 of 3 teams in baseball without any type or lettering on their primary cap. Houston (the star) and Cleveland (Chief Wahoo). I think it's pretty cool the Orioles have an icon vs the obvious choice of the first letter of the city name.

bad examples: TB (Tampa Bay) and CR (Colorado Rockies), two of the most unoriginal caps in baseball.

That's a good point and I've always thought it was cool the Orioles took that route too. The AZ Diamondbacks come close, with the snake shaped as a "D", which I think is one of the sharper cap logos in baseball.

Guest BrettMeister86

Anita Marks saw the new lineup today at the warehouse. She said there is a new bird, but the change isn't drastic but it is fun (I wouldn't consider the new "pigeon bird" fun?)

What I found interesting is she said there are multiple combinations for home and road games, the Friday night alternates are here to stay, and there is a new Sunday uniform.

She also said Baltimore is back but there is much more.

I guess the combinations is what intrigues me the most. Less than 24 hours to find out.

Anita Marks saw the new lineup today at the warehouse. She said there is a new bird, but the change isn't drastic but it is fun (I wouldn't consider the new "pigeon bird" fun?)

What I found interesting is she said there are multiple combinations for home and road games, the Friday night alternates are here to stay, and there is a new Sunday uniform.

She also said Baltimore is back but there is much more.

I guess the combinations is what intrigues me the most. Less than 24 hours to find out.

So she likes them?

We're screwed.

So I guess Roch left us hanging? :laughlol::D I'm interested to see these combination uni's and the Sunday uniform idea is pretty cool. Maybe they'll bring back the orange Sunday's they wore in 92-93 I always thought they were pretty sweet.

Archived