Orioles 6 American minor league teams go combined 276-294

waynebug

247 wins to 232 losses in the full season season teams.

Ugly 29-62 in the Gulf Coast League.  

The DSL would be too ugly to look at.  Just concentrate on all the player development this year.  We can spend $6.26 million on the next international class on Jan 15, and the top 2 targets have been identified.

I'd rather have 2 teams with good records in the DSL and FCL but if it's a choice of one team with a good record and two teams with bad records, I'll take the two teams with bad records.   Things are turning around at the two lowest levels.   All in all, more good stories than bad this year.

Biggest disappiontments?   Yusniel Diaz?  Hall's injury?    Ortiz and Servideo injuries.   On straight peformance, how many poor stories?   Diaz?  Adam Hall?   Who else?

Good stories?  Too many to mention.

34 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I'd rather have 2 teams with good records in the DSL and FCL but if it's a choice of one team with a good record and two teams with bad records, I'll take the two teams with bad records.   Things are turning around at the two lowest levels.   All in all, more good stories than bad this year.

Also, it’s worth noting that the FCL teams were relatively young.   The average hitter in the FCL was 19.9; Black averaged 19.4 (2nd youngest in the league) and Orange 19.7.    The FCL average pitcher was 20.8; Black was 19.9 (2nd youngest) and Orange 20.9.   

So, when you consider that only two major league teams (us and Pittsburgh) split their talent among two teams, and that our teams were a bit younger than most, the poor record in the FCL for each team is pretty understandable.   

• Upvote 1