2007 Recruiting Updates

Nuclear Dish

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest on Thomas...

He's heavily leaning toward dook over Rutgers, and the wild card is possibly Louisville and not Florida. This comes from Danny Hurley, who was Thomas' coach at St. Benedict's.

The other wild card in the whole situation, as I've mentioned before is Eugene Harvey. Harvey is down to 4: Rutgers, Maryland, Florida, and Cincy, with Rutgers in the lead (slightly). Rutgers is hoping for a commit from Harvey to convince Thomas to come. Otherwise, they don't seemt o have much hope. Florida is hoping for the same thing. If Harvey chooses Maryland or Cincy, there's virtually no chance Thomas goes anywhere other than dook.

I believe MD is all tapped out now.

See my thread about the new NCAA rules. If they can make the case that one of their current players has earned an academic scholarship, they can still use an athletic one on Harvey.

Anyone know if any of the returning scholarship players is goping to have a 3.3 overall GPA at year's end?

Lance Thomas has set his press conference for Thursday, May 4 at 4 PM.

There was a rumor that circulated that Eugene Harvey might announce at the same time, which would be a bad omen for dook. However, Danny Hurley has made clear that that is not that case, and Harvey may not even be ready to announce next week.

So dookies now need to circle two dates on their calendars: April 30 (McRoberts will have had to decide whether to stay or go) and May 4 (Lance Thomas announces his destination).

BTW, all indications are that Thomas will choose dook over Rutgers and Florida on Thursday. I'm still holding out hope for an upset, but the word on the street is it's all but done.

:002_sbiggrin: :002_sbiggrin: :002_sbiggrin: :002_sbiggrin: :002_sbiggrin:

BTW, all indications are that Thomas will choose dook over Rutgers and Florida on Thursday. I'm still holding out hope for an upset, but the word on the street is it's all but done.

Cool, he'll play there for a year, underachieve, and leave for the NBA.

Kevin Love, who according to some is actually ranked as the #1 overall prospect for 2007 (ahead of OJ Mayo and Michael Beasley), has dropped dook from his list, narrowing it to UCLA and UNC.

Seems Ratface really blew it on this one. Ratface is interested more in Kyle Singler, who is also potentially a top-5 recruit for 2007, and by paying attention to one over the other, he really messed up.

And that could be doubly true since it's rumored that Love and Singler could decide to commit in tandem to a school, with UCLA and UNC being the only ones remaining that they are both considering.

http://www.oregonlive.com/prepsports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1146534919200700.xml&coll=7

"(Duke) hadn't been calling me and showing as much interest, so I just decided that if they weren't going to put the time in, I wasn't going to worry about it," Love said Sunday.

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski didn't help the Blue Devils' chances when he stopped in Medford on April 19 to visit Singler and failed to make a trip north to see Love.

"I really didn't understand why Coach K would come all the way across the country and not stop by," Love said. "I mean, I understand why he would visit Kyle; he's a consensus top-five player in the country in our class. But I was surprised he didn't stop by while he was in the area."

Kevin Love, who according to some is actually ranked as the #1 overall prospect for 2007 (ahead of OJ Mayo and Michael Beasley), has dropped dook from his list, narrowing it to UCLA and UNC.

Seems Ratface really blew it on this one. Ratface is interested more in Kyle Singler, who is also potentially a top-5 recruit for 2007, and by paying attention to one over the other, he really messed up.

And that could be doubly true since it's rumored that Love and Singler could decide to commit in tandem to a school, with UCLA and UNC being the only ones remaining that they are both considering.

http://www.oregonlive.com/prepsports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1146534919200700.xml&coll=7

Maybe he thinks Love will be one a one and gone guy and that is why he is not as interested?

Maybe he thinks Love will be one a one and gone guy and that is why he is not as interested?

Love is potentially a one-and-done, but he's no better than a 50-50 chance to do that. Certainly no more of a risk than McBob.

Even still, he has to know that the chance of the Singler-Love tandem signing together is decent, so you'd think he'd play the game with Love to have a better shot at Singler. If you've got a 33% chance at (Love for 1 year and Singler for 3), a 33% chance at (Singler for 3 years), and a 33% chance at (nothing at all), why would you shoot yourself in the foot for 33% of your chances at Singler, if that's who you really want?

Looks to me like right now, he's got about a 33% chance at Singler, and about a 67% chance at nothing.

Love is potentially a one-and-done, but he's no better than a 50-50 chance to do that. Certainly no more of a risk than McBob.

Even still, he has to know that the chance of the Singler-Love tandem signing together is decent, so you'd think he'd play the game with Love to have a better shot at Singler. If you've got a 33% chance at (Love for 1 year and Singler for 3), a 33% chance at (Singler for 3 years), and a 33% chance at (nothing at all), why would you shoot yourself in the foot for 33% of your chances at Singler, if that's who you really want?

Looks to me like right now, he's got about a 33% chance at Singler, and about a 67% chance at nothing.

And if that happens, he will just get 2 other top 20 guys and 4 top 50 guys. It happens.

Should he have stopped by? Probably. But he is alot smarter than you or any publication when it comes to this so i am sure he has his reasons.

Maybe he knows UNC or UCLA will outbid Duke for him? :D

Archived