Waiver Claim? - Edwin Uceta

Just Regular

13 hours ago, panick said:

Let's not get too excited about this guy. Remember the guys the O's got in the trade for Machado.

Whether or not we claim him doesn't move the needle, but there is a difference between what you expect to get from one of the game's better players and what you expect to get for nothing. 

Boo.

I was wrong about cash considerations, looks like Diamondbacks have gotten him on a waiver claim.

Another one for the quibble list of I don't get it, but buying Will Wilson that winter meetings the Angels were freeing up payroll for Rendon had an 8-digit acquisition cost, and buying good hurt pitchers for 2021-2022 for an aspirationally good Year2 team had 7-digits, aside from Elias' greater info on what 2022 was looking like all along.

This one wasn't either of those things.

7 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Boo.

I was wrong about cash considerations, looks like Diamondbacks have gotten him on a waiver claim.

Another one for the quibble list of I don't get it, but buying Will Wilson that winter meetings the Angels were freeing up payroll for Rendon had an 8-digit acquisition cost, and buying good hurt pitchers for 2021-2022 for an aspirationally good Year2 team had 7-digits, aside from Elias' greater info on what 2022 was looking like all along.

This one wasn't either of those things.

Link?

At the moment the waiver order still goes by league, so the Diamondbacks had priority.

After the season waiver priority no longer goes by league but record, So we will have first crack. Regardless there’s probably going to be 20 worthwhile guys made available. And we will have first crack at all of them, so don’t worry about losing any one guy

8 hours ago, Philip said:

At the moment the waiver order still goes by league, so the Diamondbacks had priority.

After the season waiver priority no longer goes by league but record, So we will have first crack. Regardless there’s probably going to be 20 worthwhile guys made available. And we will have first crack at all of them, so don’t worry about losing any one guy

I thought this had been debunked on here, and that it no longer goes by league, only by overall record.  Are you sure about this?

9 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

I thought this had been debunked on here, and that it no longer goes by league, only by overall record.  Are you sure about this?

It was my understanding that during the year it goes by overall record but after the season ends.

It’s quite possible that I am mistaken, and happy to be corrected