Orioles vs. Pirates, March 22, 2022 (MLB.tv-1:05pm Free game of the day)

86this

Looks like Nevin's opportunity to try and climb back up defensive spectrum to 3B continuing.   

Curious to see the Means workload today.   The 3-week spring training basically gave Clubs a choice between three or four turns for your Opening Day guy depending on whether you crammed a 2-start week in there.

I guess 40-60-80 could be his spring turns, but feel like in full spring training adding 20 pitches/turn would be a lot.   Means was between 88 and 101 in all six April starts last year before the no-hitter.

• Tony-OH changed the title to Orioles vs. Pirates, March 22, 2022 (MLB.tv-1:05pm Free game of the day)
6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Pirates spring training broadcasts are the gold standard. They are so good. 

Being in NYC and way before streaming services, I grew up listening to Jon Miller on WTOP.  I'm using that as a barometer.  I'll give these broadcasters a few more innings.

6 minutes ago, 86this said:

Being in NYC and way before streaming services, I grew up listening to Jon Miller on WTOP.  I'm using that as a barometer.  I'll give these broadcasters a few more innings.

The announcers are fine, I'm just talking the entire broadcast. They mic up players and coaches in game and on the field, they have a radar gun reading, and overall are the best around. They should force MASN game directors to watch their broadcasts and understand what 1st class looks like.

Means just really lost his command by the 3rd inning. I never understand how our top pitchers never can just have easy outings and get their work in. everything Means threw found the middle of the plate especially with two strikes. 

It's spring training, but it really would be nice to see your starters' come in and get their 3 innings in without imploding.