Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What  estimate did they give other than he was shutting down for 2-3 weeks, which is what happened.

That isn't what was said.

That isn't what happened.

Was supposed to be 2-3 weeks for action.  That isn't shut him down completly for 3+ weeks then start light throwing.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That isn't what was said.

That isn't what happened.

Was supposed to be 2-3 weeks for action.  That isn't shut him down completly for 3+ weeks then start light throwing.

Nah.  It was always shut down for 2-3 weeks and then get back at it.  He has basically had no ST as of the injury.  They weren’t going to shut him down for 2-3 weeks and then just throw him back out there.   

That was never said nor is that realistic to believe.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Nah.  It was always shut down for 2-3 weeks and then get back at it.  He has basically had no ST as of the injury.  They weren’t going to shut him down for 2-3 weeks and then just throw him back out there.   

That was never said nor is that realistic to believe.

What are you talking about?

On March 16 they said he would be out of action 2-3 weeks.

Three weeks later is April 7th.

He was not "in action" on April 7th.

Heck he might not have even been doing light throwing by April 7th.

He missed the initial timetable.

As for realistic?

It is incredibly realistic for me to believe a freaking triceps pull isn't going to take more than two weeks to recover from.  Most muscle strains I've had in my life took two days. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What are you talking about?

On March 16 they said he would be out of action 2-3 weeks.

Three weeks later is April 7th.

He was not "in action" on April 7th.

Heck he might not have even been doing light throwing by April 7th.

He missed the initial timetable.

As for realistic?

It is incredibly realistic for me to believe a freaking triceps pull isn't going to take more than two weeks to recover from.  Most muscle strains I've had in my life took two days. 

https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/adley-rutschman-updates.html

On April 7, he was working out.  On April 13, he had PROGRESSED (which means he was doing other things before then) to hitting.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/adley-rutschman-updates.html

On April 7, he was working out.  On April 13, he had PROGRESSED (which means he was doing other things before then) to hitting.

Working out isn't "action".

Elias in that interview threw out April 15th, which is, you will notice, after April 7th.

“Recently resumed” which means he had had already started as of April 7, which was the 3 week date.

They never said he would be playing by then.  That may have been a twist put on by a writer but those were never the Os words.  They said shutdown for 2-3 weeks and then go from there.  

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Hyde said "shut down 2-3 weeks, then progression from there." I don't think he's behind schedule.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33519569/triceps-injury-delays-debut-baltimore-orioles-rookie-catcher-adley-rutschman

If you link an article you might want to read it first.

"Treatment for a couple of weeks, then he's going to have to do a progression from there if all goes well."

A couple is two, so the progression would have started on March 30th so he'd still be behind going by this quote.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Working out isn't "action".

Elias in that interview threw out April 15th, which is, you will notice, after April 7th.

And he has been ramping up his activities over the last few days.  I posted last week Roch saying as much.  

Everything is being done within the time they said, unless you want to read into it with your own narrative and twist their words around.

11 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Can someone summarize?  I'm at work and can't watch.  TIA

I just watched the first minute, but Elias said AR is expected to get back to full baseball action on April 15th. Then start playing in minor league games to get his timing back. 

So if Rutshman is back to practicing without limitations the Orioles aren’t publicizing it. I’d expect by this weekend or beginning next week for Rutschman to begin playing in minor league games.

Hopefully a week from now he’s at Bowie or Norfolk with no further setbacks. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Can someone summarize?  I'm at work and can't watch.  TIA

Adley's progression is "week to week". More a matter of getting timing back rather than rehab. Did not specify a date for his debut. Reading between the lines I would guess early May.  

Grayson sounds a bit further off because he has never pitched past 5 innings.