Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else see this on the news this morning? Has anyone else seen this offer anywhere else? I'm thinking it was an inaccurate report otherwise it would be all the news.

Don't know. But I do remember Channel 9 reported that Brunell had been traded to the Seahawks for Seneca Wallace when there was no truth to it. They were the only outlet to report.

Upcoming on SportsCenter - "Red Sox Shocker," "Teixeira Update"

The boys in Bristol are really soiling their panties over this latest development.

This is awesome! Not only might we be signing one hell of a ballplayer, and a hometown boy at that, but at the same time we are stealing him from Boston and NY and rubbing ESPN's nose in it! Yeah Baby!

Too confident, am I?

There were 8-9 teams that had a payroll over $113M in 2008.

There is no reason the O's can not be one of the bottom-tier top 10 spending teams.

MASN continues to grow, and after 2009 you lose the expirining contracts of Mora, Huff, Walker, Baez, and Gibbons.

With the trade of Tejada, you took $26M off the books.

The core you are building around - Markakis, Jones, Wieters, Tillman, Matusz, Arrieta - are going to only cost so much during the great duration of a contract to Tex… even with a Rios esque extenstion to Markakis, and Longoria esque extensions to Jones and Wieters.

8yrs $200M, $25M per is affordable… though I agree, that it would cetainly fall close to the range of the max contract you could provide, and still build a competetive team around him.

The O's already definitively offered 7yrs $145M, $20.7M per….

Is anyone really going to argue that 1 more year, and $4.3M more per-season is going to financially limit the team?

Texas made the right decision in signing Arod, their poor decision was how they built around him.

I am not arguing that Tex is Arod… I am arguing that he is the right player for the O's to sign.

Agree wholeheartedly. Can't expect to be in the top 3-4 teams, but we surely can squeeze at somewhere at 7-10.

Good point.

Why do you build me up, Mark Teixiera baby, to just let me down, you push me around and worst of all, you never sign your deal when you say you will...

Know what's funny? Dipper had a post earlier in thread, which began with the line, "Well, I don't know much"

Dude, I was literally about to bust out the Linda Rondstadt/Aaron Neville lyrics, but I wussed out. :D

Archived