Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hah, well that is the irony of this JTrea/Tex phenomenon. All we heard during the season was smack towards Dave Trembley.

I think its consistent. Whatever stance JTrea decides to take, that's it. He's immovable.

Impressive, really.

I worry for his sanity when (not if) we whiff on Tex.

I still say that Boras is going team by team, day by day with the news leaking that night or the following day.

Sox on Thursday

Yanks on Friday

Angels on Saturday

Nats on Sunday

Orioles Tonight?????

Maybe we get some news that we have increased our offer tomorrow.

Guest oriofan8

I bet we did not make the offer, and are waiting to match the best offer on the table, and Tex signs here. Sounds simple..huh? :scratchchinhmm::laughlol:

I think its consistent. Whatever stance JTrea decides to take, that's it. He's immovable.

Impressive, really.

Let me be the first to say I'll sign him up for a psychiatrist if we don't get Tex.

Please. Someone tried to make the point that Teixeira didn't have an opportunity for any "signature moments" with Arod and Rangers....

So what in the hell are we doing looking at this guy??????

We are every bit as dumb as the Rangers were bringing A-Rod on board with their silly contract.

No pitching... and the possibility of some rising stars.

This talk of Baltimore --- and, IMO, anyone --- offering this guy this kind of insane money because he's now (all of a sudden) the BEST player in the MLB in the last two decades is just wrong.

His presences on the Braves and the Rangers wasn't up lifting to the tune of $160 MILLION dollars and he joined the Angels when they already had an 11 1/2 game lead in the west.

Let me repeat that. He was acquired by a team at the end of July that had an 11 1/2 game lead in their division. While in Anaheim he had Vlad and Torri behind him and Chone and Garret in front of him.

The team was loaded... and Teixeira probably saw a ton of good pitches.

Yet, in the playoffs... when it's time for the bat to do all of the talking... Teixeira had narry an extra basehit. Not one.

So you're telling me... that this guy who is SO GOOD to command one of the largest contracts in MLB history... a guy that couldn't uplift an Atlanta Braves line-up (mind you, refer to the massive impact that Manny had this year when he went to LA).... is really worth all this cash.

If Manny were younger, would probably have me convinced - DESPITE HIS DEFENSIVE LAPSES - that he is every bit of one of the best impact hitters in the game. A true game changer. But, this Teixeira guy hasn't carried a team like Manny.

Despite the fact that the Dodgers didn't win, in the playoffs Manny hit .521, 6 extra base hits (2 Doubles and 4 Dingers), 10 RBI, and 11 BB. Teixeira, on the other-hand hit .467 (which is nice), but had no ebh's, 1 RBI and 4 walks.

Who is the game changer?

Do you know how many XBH the entire Angels team had in that series? Six.

Two home runs by Mike Napoli, a double and triple by Chone Figgens, and doubles by Vladimir Guerrero and Kendry Morales.

So the three big bats in the Angels lineup had one XBH between them.

So you are taking exactly one series, 15 at-bats, and making a general statement about the quality of a player over his entire career.

That is truly the worst argument you could have made for your point, and I honestly have lost a lot of respect for any opinion you might have for continuing down this road.

You may not care, but if no one takes you seriously, there is really no point in arguing.

Until you can find something beyond "Teixeira is not worth the money because he has been on bad teams" there really is no point in keeping up the argument.

I would like to see some, because I want to admire your willingness to argue the point you believe in. However, this is closing in on Oldfan territory.

I honestly do not believe the offer, but if true, Angelos has no choice but to match/beat unless he wants to lose the entire fan base. As a fan, this would be the ultimate slap in the face.

Yep, the Nats are going to raise the stakes, and ultimately Angelos will pay IMO. If he loses Tex to the Nats, it will be seen as an embarassment...

If he ends up with the Nats, maybe by the time our young pitchers turn their corners, it will be time for him to opt-out of D.C. and its a win-win.

Not if he opts out and signs with the Sux or Yanks to get his WS ring after playing in his "hometown."

Impressive, really.

This is true, actually.

And as for the possibility of us not getting Tex, yes that would be a concern. I said jokingly a month or so ago that the next big Hangout project should be a support team with psychologists and a suicide hotline. ;)

Boras playing his game is really starting to give Tex a bad name, no matter where he signs. You gotta believe TEX HAS A BIG HAND IN THIS!!!!!!!! Getting to the point where I dont care if he is in a Oriole uniform or not, He wants to drain every nickel he can, and that doesnt set us up well for the future when we need to spend again, but its all in Texs bank account. Time for the O's to doa Angels, pull their offer and move on. Hey Mark have fun playing in DC

Archived