Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

He runs a 4.6 at 265 lbs.! That is moving!!!

Good lord. Why don't we just line up with 10 people infront of him, direct snap to him, and tell him to sprint forward and don't stop.

I wonder why people didn't see his potential to be greater than just a full back while he was in college.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When's the last time you saw two running touchdown plays on the first play of two back-to-back drives? Crazy!

Never. I was talking to my wife during the game. I told her that it had been a long time since #23 broke a TD run for more than 40 yards. His longest runs were as follows:

2004-41 yds

2005-27 yds

2006-57 yds

2007-47 yds

2008-17 yds (Up until the 77 yarder)

These numbers are not based on touchdown runs. I heard that he had not had a TD run of over 30 yards for 5 years. Crazy....

I don't know, maybe its just me wanting this to end. But, I to am starting to get the impression the O's aren't as big of a player for Tex as we all thought/hoped/wanted.

I can hear AM spin it now. " We we're under the impression that we would have the final say. We were prepared to make Mark a very lucrative offer. However, Mr. Boras decided that wasn't the avenue he and his client wanted to take. Its unfortunate. But baseball is a business, and now we have to move on."

I wouldn't be surprised if Angelos wanted Tex to go to DC. It raises MASN ratings on the Nats side. Lowers the O's ratings, and even futher depletes the fanbase. Then PA can run to MLB and complain the Nats are hurting his team, and cut an even sweeter deal. In doing so, he profits off Teixeira, and didn't have to spend a dime to do it.

I wouldn't say they aren't serious per se. They simply are cheap. I would like to see a serious offer of at least 8/175 come out tomorrow. That will FINALLY get things moving in our favor.

Cheap? How do you figure. I'm not sure you've done the math going from 7/150 to 8/175. You are talking about 300kish a year. That makes them cheap? Maybe they dont feel Tex is worth the risk of 8 years. You can say that maybe they should be more flexible with years, but they are hardly being cheap offering 21.5M a year when you are calling for them to pay 21.8M a year

Good lord. Why don't we just line up with 10 people infront of him, direct snap to him, and tell him to sprint forward and don't stop.

I wonder why people didn't see his potential to be greater than just a full back while he was in college.

Well, he was the best fullback so there was potential there. He really didn't block for a top notch RB though.

I don't know, maybe its just me wanting this to end. But, I to am starting to get the impression the O's aren't as big of a player for Tex as we all thought/hoped/wanted.

I can hear AM spin it now. " We we're under the impression that we would have the final say. We were prepared to make Mark a very lucrative offer. However, Mr. Boras decided that wasn't the avenue he and his client wanted to take. Its unfortunate. But baseball is a business, and now we have to move on."

I wouldn't be surprised if Angelos wanted Tex to go to DC. It raises MASN ratings on the Nats side. Lowers the O's ratings, and even futher depletes the fanbase. Then PA can run to MLB and complain the Nats are hurting his team, and cut an even sweeter deal. In doing so, he profits off Teixeira, and didn't have to spend a dime to do it.

Angelos wants to win, so Tex going to DC can only hurt him in that regard. He may profit off it, but winning is his ultimate goal. He wants Tex to be another Ripken. Somebody who he can say he brought to Baltimore.

I think this was posted somewhere, but the Boston media is already on Tex calling him a "money-grubbing Boy Scout."

So there's a preview of coming attractions Mark if you sign with Bandwagon Nation.

I have a hunch that you wouldn't see the Baltimore media ever do that...

Tex is a money-grubber, or he'd have signed already. Nothing wrong with that. It's business. And its usage in this context was far less pejorative than you are implying.

Archived