Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I still think it boils down to opt out clause with the O's and Tex.

I agree. It is a Boras trademark. If Tex play well you can bet Boras will sell him on opting out. I think we will have to cave on that one. 11 years of bad probably demands that. Fight for 5 settle on 4.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can just imagine the image that ESPN will have on their main page of Tex in and Orioles uniform with a santa claus hat on his head and the tag line saying Merry Texmas

I bet the ESPN people will cringe when they have to even put any effort into putting the front page together.

What seems odd about this latest trenche is the Angels backing out so publicly.

The Angels are AL contenders and it gives no advantage (or disadvantage) to just keep their mouths shut and presumably keep us, Boston and the Yankees guessing. Which might raise the price to one of their rivals.

Why publicly back out?

And this on the heels of Boston's public repudiation.

Is Boras catching some crap for a change?

And how does that solve the pitching problem? If that really matters, the Red Sox can sign their GT Alum that is a major league catcher with 2 World Series rings, who is also a Boras client.

When did I imply it would solve the pitching problem?

What seems odd about this latest trenche is the Angels backing out so publicly.

The Angels are AL contenders and it gives no advantage (or disadvantage) to just keep their mouths shut and presumably keep us, Boston and the Yankees guessing. Which might raise the price to one of their rivals.

Why publicly back out?

And this on the heels of Boston's public repudiation.

Is Boras catching some crap for a change?

I think its more the owners vs. Boras on this one. Moreno clearly thinks Tex is signing East Coast so he is letting the other owners know he is out. They will go get Manny now. Boston is still in it, but the ownership group sent a clear signal that they will not put up with Boras's bull.

Didn't someone say in another thread they heard the Tex signing will get announced tonight.

There was a guy posting in the comments section of a Tex article on MLB.com saying that Tex would either announce his decision tonight or tomorrow...

That's all we've got. So I wouldn't wait up. My guess is that we do hear something tomorrow.

Archived